Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Chrysler Le Baron 2.5 TBI/A413 -> 2.5 T1/A520
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back when I built this car I was still in my 20s. Now that I'm 40 and finally started driving it again, I'm finding it's too loud and can't stand the drone.

Exhaust is full 2.5", no cat, to a generic oval muffler that didn't really change the sound from the open downpipe I had when I took it out for the first test drive after putting in the new engine. At the time I didn't care much about noise, and I thought I wanted as little restriction as possible, I had aspirations of racing it, etc.

The number of times it's been to the strip is exactly zero. I don't mind a little performance hit for the sake of noise reduction. I'm looking at something like a Vibrant 1793 bottle resonator up by where a cat would go, but what should I do behind the rear axle?

Note, in Alberta we have no cat requirements.

·
Legendary Driver
10,959 Posts
Get a Magnaflow straight through. It'll quiet it down and give you a nice deep tone without hurting flow. Here's 3" straight pipe with a 3" swingvalve on a S60 turbo sound and adding the muffler.

·
Registered
1989 Chrysler Le Baron 2.5 TBI/A413 -> 2.5 T1/A520
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the kind of sound reduction I'm looking for. I used to set off the first stage chirp on car alarms passing by with this thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts