Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got some leakes around the manifold area im goin to get fixed,i figure since there up there,maybe i should look into a performance one,wondering if anyone knows of one that they can recommed?.....also if ones avalable,would a high flow cat be worth a try also?...see if i can gain a couple....i have a 86 omni glh thanks....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh?......didn't know that....you think id get noticable gains if i did some exsaust work on my car?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Your engine's an air pump. More air in ,more air out. Less restrictions = more flow. More flow= more HP.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
They do make tubular headers, aftermarket highflow cast manifolds and you'll even hear about welding the turbo flange to a tbi exhaust manifold to make a homemade 'header'.

These aren't rod-shifter friendly.

You can port your own or pick up one from a vendor. They are pretty reasonable.
Look in the for sale section here... people got them usually.

then you want to get a 89+ factory 2.5 inch swingvalve or an aftermarket 2.5 or 3 inch. You wanna definately ditch that little downpipe you got for a 2.5", or better yet, 3".
Go 3" straight thru all the way to the back. Muffler choice is subjective... Ask around.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
im learning,im learning....just want to know if it would be worth the money,thats all....
What are your goals down the road??

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
Remember...

Boost is like crack.. You'll always want more.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
And when you are out of boost, you will want it even more(I know, I miss my CSX:nodding: and can't wait til I have her back on the road!)
I'll drink to that!:thumb:
:drinking:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What are your goals down the road??
i was going to go all out and rebuiled and get it intercooled,but the motor i put in in like 9 years ago only has about 145 000 kms on it,it would be a shame to mess with it,i have another motor ill get done eventualy,just minor stuff for now....

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
i was going to go all out and rebuiled and get it intercooled,but the motor i put in in like 9 years ago only has about 145 000 kms on it,it would be a shame to mess with it,i have another motor ill get done eventualy,just minor stuff for now....

Minor stuff:

ported stock manifold
2.5" SV and DP

can pick that stuff up used pretty reasonable:thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts