Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so the time has come that this car has both a) gotten me through college, and b) become a nuisance to deal with.

With that being said, the car is not mint condition, and is definately in need of repair.

Some points to note:

I bought the car with 98,000 miles on it, hoping it would last a year. It surpassed my expectation and went to 108,000 miles and I recently stopped driving it because the alternator died.

General information:

-The inside is in relatively good shape for a car that is 17 years old. The lights function, dashboard functions, etc.
-Convertible top does not function (I hear a clicking, but it does not go down). Passenger side rear window does not go down.
-Vacuum tubes definately need to be looked over. I believe i'm missing a one-way valve in there.
-As stated, alternator recently died.
-Old muffler was rusty/had a leak...removed it and put a turndown on instead.
-Reverse lights didn't work, i tried to rig them up to the shifter, but gave that project up.
-Paint has faded on trunk.
-I removed the stock airbox and put in a cone filter.

That's pretty much it. Any other specific questions I can answer. I'm located in Northern NJ and will be posting pictures of the car later.

This car would probably be a good parts car, or just a decent beater car that would need some work. (It failed inspection due to the muffler, right side mirror was cracked, back up lights/side markers abnormal functioning, and a couple other small things.)

Any offers, PM me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This might sound like a pretty trivial question, given all of the not-so-desireable properties you've listed for the car, but is it an auto and manual transmission? :rollingeyes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto transmission. I understand there are alot of not-so-desireable properties, but these are all things that are reasonably fixable.

I.E.

Convertible top does not function (I am sure it works, just that the manual valve came lose).
Anyone good w/ vacuum tubes would see they are mostly new, just need to be double checked for one way valves.
I have the new muffler/extensions, just didn't feel like putting it on (I would include it w/ the car).
-Reverse lights are not blown, just need to change the part that is broken on the transmission.
-I would include a saab intercooler w/ 2 BOV's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts