Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale again, I just installed the head and fired it up. Zero miles since valve job.
I need to sell this. It's mechanically sound, has many improvements. See my other posts.
I would deliver it most anyplace, if you pay my expenses.

It is currently Non-Opt / no insurance. I have too many cars/ not enough space.
California Car, original paint, very faded black. Very minor rust on roof. Needs to be restored before it will win any first places in car show. But it drives great.

Yes, I have pictures, please send me your e-mail address.
How about $1500?

Mike

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Thanks Clayton. Decent price for a decent car. Too bad it's another black & red one. I don't need another black & red. Maybe if it was black & tan. Have only seen one black & tan GLHT.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Why are all the good deals on the West Coast??

Love to have this one but I am in OH and the cost to ship and tim to drive back is not there.....

:bang head

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you please list the mods. Is it a T2 conversion or just an add on intercooler and intake? ECM work? Stock trans? Clutch replaced when?

Thanks.

Rex

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a new casting, T-2 type of head, with roller lifters and the block has been drilled for extra cooling flow between the cylinders. It has a T-2 Intake to enable the use of an intercooler. I used the T-1 throttle body and stock ecm calibration. I have not increased the boost yet. The rest of the motor is T-1. I have replaced the turbo, and head at the same time.

My choice of intercooler is probably a mistake. If I was to keep the car I would replace it with a cooler out front under the bumper. At the time I chose this intercooler to keep the intake tract as short as possible to minimize turbo lag. It's difficult to duct cool air to the cooler in it's current location.

The original transmission failed within 100 miles of my purchasing the car.
I have replaced it with a 5-speed from a 90 Caravan; I think it's a A-523, but I could check, if that's important. I have the original trans, also. The clutch was replaced at the same time, a few years ago, about 10k miles, ago. New axles/CV joints as well.

I've been using this car as a commuter on trips of 80 miles a day, until about 1 or 2 years ago, it burnt an exhaust valve, was running rough and the smog test was due before I could renew the registration. I was sure it would not pass the test, so I parked the car, until I could repair it.
It's taken me until now to fix it, had 4 new exhaust valves and another valve job performed, MP headgasket and new timing belt and tensioner pulley.
It's back in running condition at this time, but I have no reason to register it.

I have lost interest in this car and would like to sell it to a good home.

It could use two new tires, otherwise I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere.

Hope this answers your questions.

Mike
Hope this answers your questions

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's a new casting, T-2 type of head, with roller lifters and the block has been drilled for extra cooling flow between the cylinders. It has a T-2 Intake to enable the use of an intercooler. I used the T-1 throttle body and stock ecm calibration. I have not increased the boost yet. The rest of the motor is T-1. I have replaced the turbo, and head at the same time.

My choice of intercooler is probably a mistake. If I was to keep the car I would replace it with a cooler out front under the bumper. At the time I chose this intercooler to keep the intake tract as short as possible to minimize turbo lag. It's difficult to duct cool air to the cooler in it's current location.

The original transmission failed within 100 miles of my purchasing the car.
I have replaced it with a 5-speed from a 90 Caravan; I think it's a A-523, but I could check, if that's important. I have the original trans, also. The clutch was replaced at the same time, a few years ago, about 10k miles, ago. New axles/CV joints as well.

I've been using this car as a commuter on trips of 80 miles a day, until about 1 or 2 years ago, it burnt an exhaust valve, was running rough and the smog test was due before I could renew the registration. I was sure it would not pass the test, so I parked the car, until I could repair it.
It's taken me until now to fix it, had 4 new exhaust valves and another valve job performed, MP headgasket and new timing belt and tensioner pulley.
It's back in running condition at this time, but I have no reason to register it.

I have lost interest in this car and would like to sell it to a good home.

It could use two new tires, otherwise I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere.

Hope this answers your questions.

Mike
Hope this answers your questions
lol dude it's 2 wires,a computer,throttle cable, and throttle body and boom its a t2. why use the old log tb?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I`d buy it if it were close.Can`t find here for anything.Of course the red interior would go straight to the dump but that`s still a great deal.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts