Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
So... er...

I took the AC pump (& stuff) off my 2.2L, and it left a big Death Star looking thing stuck to the block that I've never been able to figure out how to get it off-- it looks like it's invovled with the bracketing of the block to the frame.

I take it that the part you have there is what I want? (I would have to support the engine, to swap them, right?)

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, just take the other a/c bracket off, remove all the bolts and this goes in place of it using about 5 total.

·
Registered
79 Posts
no, just take the other a/c bracket off, remove all the bolts and this goes in place of it using about 5 total.
"No" meaning I don't have to support the engine meanwhile?

Anyway, fine-- I'll take it. Paypal to the address you listed above?

I've stared at that darn thing so many times trying to figure out how to get it out of there without the engine falling off... Guess I'll work it out when it gets here.

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
"No" meaning I don't have to support the engine meanwhile?

Anyway, fine-- I'll take it. Paypal to the address you listed above?

I've stared at that darn thing so many times trying to figure out how to get it out of there without the engine falling off... Guess I'll work it out when it gets here.
ok you take the 2 out of the head. then you take the 3 bolts out the front of the block. the you move to the side of the block faceing pass of car. take out the 2 15mm bolts. then take the 18mm bot out and remove the long altanater bolt then the steal piece then the A/C bracket then replace with NON A/C bracket and put the steal piece back on the the 18mm then the 2, 15mm on side, then you put the 2, 15mm bolts back in and the alt. and tighen it up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts