Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
313 Posts
I have used the spray on carpet dye before. It works very well. Make sure all the fabric you plan to dye is very clean. Take it to a detail shop and have them clean it with an extractor. Or you may try renting one of those Rug Doctors, but they do not have the vacuum power of a comercial extractor.

· Registered
417 Posts
yeah, u cant clean it later , it will come off with all most any detergent, or brushing.... sorry to say that, but I am a professional detailer and see it all the time. its ok if u are gonna let it sit forever....

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, u cant clean it later , it will come off with all most any detergent, or brushing.... sorry to say that, but I am a professional detailer and see it all the time. its ok if u are gonna let it sit forever....
Good to know, thanks. I plan on using it on seat fabric (to get rid of the racing stripes), so when I throw them in the wash every 2 years, I can just repaint them.

· Banned
1,112 Posts
it'll wear off the seats long before you ever take the covers off and wash them. you'd be better off taking the covers to an upolstery shop and having them redone. plus you wont have paint flakes all over your ass and back every time you get in the car.
the spray dyes generally only work on plastic or vinyl, as long as its a surface that doesnt get touched constantly.
SEM makes some stuff that works pretty well, called color coat. probably the best performing stuff ive used to date.
oh make sure whatever you're painting is clean. and i mean CLEAN! wash the part with soap and water, then wipe it down with denatured alcohol several times. if its shiny it wont stick there for very long. if you think its clean, wipe it down with alcohol one more time anyway. if its possible remove the part from the car when you spray it. it'll look better and be a lot easier to clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.