Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car the PO installed a cone air filter and got rid of the factory air box sys. all i have is a pipe coming off the turbo inlet with a cone on the end.
My turbo charge hose has another smaller hose coming off it to the factory BOV.
my question is... when the engine is running the factory BOV has air coming out. when im driving the car under boost and let off the gas i can hear the BOV blow off. IF i use a check valve so the BOV doesnt leak air out while the engine is idling, when i let off boost it sounds terrible like compressor surge.

Is the factory BOV suppose to be rerouted to the intake hose thats why air comes out when its idling ??

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
As far as I understand a BOV should not leak air at idle. Pressure should be required to lift the seat and vent. What your describing sounds like a leaking BOV. Putting a check valve on the valve outlet is not a good idea, assuming that the check is placed so as to defeat the leak you described, it would also prevent the bov from venting under decel.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Hmmm, factory BOV on an '86.....?

Assuming a conversion here, with the 2nd gen airbox, if the quick release valve is missing or faulty that could be the reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts