Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just bought a cd player that came from a 93 lebaron
I own a 1990 and it fits in nicely, plugged it in and radio works but when i put a cd in it says error and sends me back the cd

im going to run a cd cleaner through it but i was wondering if maybe it had something to do with the wiring as i looked up on some websites and they only say 93+

thanks

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
wiring is all the same from like 80 to 2000. As long as the mounting ears are the same they plug right up and work. your problem most likley is the laser took a dump. They start skipping before total failure. But when they totally fail you get an ERR on the display after an attemp to play. I had two fixed by a guy on ebay a couple years ago. They work fine now. Some of these radios also have FM issues. One of mine had that too. the guy that did the lasers fixed that too. One problem with these older CD units you can't fix is they will not always play a burned disc. By the way is that what you are trying to play? If so try a bought one. As far as burned discs I have found if you open my computer then the drive your burner is and drop the tunes into the window burning that way will produce more discs that work then either using media player directly or nero. Also coping a complete bought disc will almost alsway work versus a random play list from multiple sources.
Tim

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've got a couple of the CD/Tape combo units that refuse to play any type of disc, with the "err" message. I've not yet dug into them to see if any obvious mechanical issues exist.

For the units that play normal audio CD's ok but not CDR's, this write up on Allpar is something I want to try.

Tweaking the Chrysler CD-Cassette Combo Player

TT

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi

I just bought a cd player that came from a 93 lebaron
I own a 1990 and it fits in nicely, plugged it in and radio works but when i put a cd in it says error and sends me back the cd

im going to run a cd cleaner through it but i was wondering if maybe it had something to do with the wiring as i looked up on some websites and they only say 93+

thanks
Is this a radio-cd combo or the slave cd player?

Slave cd players all used the same 8 pin cable and it will only plug in one way (no way to plug it in wrong). I get an error with mine if there is something wrong with the disk or if the voltage isnt correct (or constant) like with a dying battery or a battery thats become disconnected to the alternator etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts