Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i need to sell my spirit r/t...just curious about some peoples opinions on what i should be asking for it the way it is. Whats fair value, all imput will be appreciated. Thanks

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red, 109k, loaded. Car is in great shape overall. Transmission needs to be replaced, 5th gear is pretty much completely gone! Have a good as NEW 568 sitting in the trunk built by Cliff Ramsdell that i paid $800 for alone. Replaced the head gasket in Sept of 2003, used head studs and cosmetic gasket from fwd performance. Also had a valve job done while it was off, pressure tested etc. Still has the stock steel head plugs, they DO NOT LEAK ONE BIT!!!! Full 3 inch exhaust, g-valve, blitz bov, drop in k&n. In Sept/Oct of 2004 Cliff Ramsdell replaced the intermediate shaft, oil pump, oil pan. The old one was fine, but this was just done to prevent future issues. Timing belt was also installed by Cliff @ the same time. He also installed a vac manifold and re did my vac lines entirely. Car has probably 500 miles IF THAT since he did all this work. Clutch was replaced just prior to the work Cliff did. Reason the tranny is gone is because of the moron who did the clutch, he managed to somehow screw up the oil seal where the passenger side axle goes in...so all the oil leaked out...and yea...u get the idea...no lubricat...no more tranny :( Motor runs great, turbo still boosts like a champ. Now that I have an SRT-4 this thing has to be let go of unfortunatly. Car also will come without any speakers in it, which im sure isnt a huge selling point anyway.

Thanks
Josh Bourgeois
04 SRT-4
91 Spirit R/T

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
I paid like $3500 for mine in bone stock condition with 100k on the clock. Original paint in perfect shape, overall a real good condition car. My last RT I paid $4500 for it with a stage 2 setup but paint wasnt as nice. It would be worth alot more to someoneif you put the good tranny in. If the car is fixed and is in real good shape I would say it could bring $3500-$4500 depending on condition, but with the broken tranny it will take a big price hit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts