Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Fan doesn't turn on - HELP

647 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Chris Faulk 
#1 ·
I've noticed my fan doesn't turn on in my Spirit 80% of the time which causes the car to get hot real fast. I've tried getting it to turn on using the A/C but that doesn't work either.

Since it does work intermittently, I'm thinking it might be the relay going bad but I don't know where its located. Any help or suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated. :(

#2 ·
Red_RT said:
I've noticed my fan doesn't turn on in my Spirit 80% of the time which causes the car to get hot real fast. I've tried getting it to turn on using the A/C but that doesn't work either.

Since it does work intermittently, I'm thinking it might be the relay going bad but I don't know where its located. Any help or suggestions on how to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated. :(
All the relays are located on the fender-well near the ECU. It could be the relay or wiring gone goofy. Give those things a good checking.

#6 ·
Well I went out and purchased a new relay and popped it in. Then while in traffic, I noticed the fan came on. Good news, right? Nope! It was short lived as about 30 minutes later, the temp gauge climbed way up there and the fan was not coming on. I must have a short somewhere. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.