Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey what is the highest horsepower that youve ever heard of out of a T3, and what about 1/4 times?

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
There will be an IROC RT making some good power here shortly eh Jackson?
As far as forum members.... Wallace (mopar2ya was making well over 400whp on his) and I will have to do some looking into it as I cant remember most other guys names. But 400hp is not uncommon.

What is, and who has the record for fastest/quickest street driven full interior IROC RT? :D I know someone who may be interested in this record. :eek::cool:
I believe Wallace has the record for The spirit RTs @11.6 . And the quickest IROC I have seen is kellys running a 12.7.

Anyone? buller? anyone?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There will be an IROC RT making some good power here shortly eh Jackson?
As far as forum members.... Wallace (mopar2ya was making well over 400whp on his) and I will have to do some looking into it as I cant remember most other guys names. But 400hp is not uncommon.

What is, and who has the record for fastest/quickest street driven full interior IROC RT? :D I know someone who may be interested in this record. :eek::cool:
I believe Wallace has the record for The spirit RTs @11.6 . And the quickest IROC I have seen is kellys running a 12.7.

Anyone? buller? anyone?
Souds about right. Kelly's was the fastest IROC R/T that I can remember, and Wallace's is probably the fastest Spirit.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
He never ran at the track, he was afraid of breaking somthing.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Yeah, it was a dyno queen. IIRC, it was a stock bottom end! No way that would have held up on the track.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Yeah, it was a dyno queen. IIRC, it was a stock bottom end! No way that would have held up on the track.
Depending on the cal. If it was an aftermarket, I could see it lasting a quite a few passes. He found that timing was more the motor killer than boost was.

And, hey I am talking to you at the same time we are posting! lol thought that was funny!

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I will have to see if I can set the bar about 11.999999999999 for now. :D Wallace got a 12.2 and was doing some messing. Hopefully, I can squeak a little more before I go bigger housing. hehehe. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Depending on the cal. If it was an aftermarket, I could see it lasting a quite a few passes. He found that timing was more the motor killer than boost was.
Asbolutely!

The stock cal would be way too aggresive for lots of boost witha larger turbo. If memory serves, the stock cal was somewhere around 23 degrees advance at 2 bar? I bent rods and a blew headgasket with the stock cal and T3/T4 turbo at 350-360ish whp if memory serves.

The aftermarket cal I used (FWD 3 bar/+40's) for the higher hp setup was around 12 degrees advance and this was tame enough to work great even on 93 octane with supplemental alky injection.

Also, keep in mind that I dynoed at 30-31 psi boost, but ran as much as 35 psi boost afterwards (but did not redyno). The car ran flawlessly at 35 psi boost. I could hardly believe it.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
okay so he did run at 368whp and put down 12.3 @117. so if this car made 1 good pass down the 1/4 and held up, it should be what, high 10's?
I would doubt it would be that quick. But, Im sure the mph would have been up there!

the new owner sounds like he might take it to the track so we'll see.
Spirit R/T 500HP: Tom's Spirit R/T 500HP at the wheels! - Quakertown, Pennsylvania <new owners page
Well, I sold it to Tom 3 years ago and I believe he tried to run the car (on the street or track...not sure) without the alcohol injection and suffice it to say the engine then needed to be rebuilt! If hes still on the board, maybe he will chime in and give an update.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Well, that clears things up a lot! :thumb:

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I wasnt afraid of breaking something!

The track is a good distance away and I just never got there. But, I can tell you for sure that the car made probably 100 or more 1/4 to 1/2 mile "blasts" down some roads which I will not mention!
Sorry, I didnt mean to sound like I was saying you were afraid of doing it. I just remember seeing you say somthing about it.
Glad to see you post :thumb:

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Asbolutely!

The stock cal would be way too aggresive for lots of boost witha larger turbo. If memory serves, the stock cal was somewhere around 23 degrees advance at 2 bar? I bent rods and a blew headgasket with the stock cal and T3/T4 turbo at 350-360ish whp if memory serves.

The aftermarket cal I used (FWD 3 bar/+40's) for the higher hp setup was around 12 degrees advance and this was tame enough to work great even on 93 octane with supplemental alky injection.

Also, keep in mind that I dynoed at 30-31 psi boost, but ran as much as 35 psi boost afterwards (but did not redyno). The car ran flawlessly at 35 psi boost. I could hardly believe it.
Thanks a bunch for the info! :thumb: Mine was actually seeing more I think because I was fooling the map. But, it never knocked (spraying lots of meth) But I was also not in the 350whp range I dont think. I think I would see 25-28

1 - 20 of 75 Posts