Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a high piched sound that seems to come from ecu , car not running , no spark , fuel pump not priming ,i know those are controlled by the asd relay , i used a jumper wire to prime the pump and it did prime and i bought a new asd relay, still not running :bang head

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
You used a jumper wire from where to where?
The controller only controls the ground side of the ASD relay.
Do you hear the fuel pump cycle on for 1 second with initial key on?

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
There is no way to manually actuate the ASD on a 91 without a scanner.
Since you say you do not hear the pump cycle with initial key on we will "Assume" there is no power present.
You could easily verify this with a 12 volt test lamp.
If there is no power present verify both power sources are present at the ASD with the key on.
If ok you will need to verify the ground control circuit from the ASD to controller is not open.

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
Connect a 12 volt test lamp to - battery and probe the power feed terminals, if power is present the test lamp will illuminate or you can use a digital voltmeter and you should read 12 volts at each power feed.
The power feeds are the Red/White and the solid Dark Blue wires.

·
Administrator
24,990 Posts
how do i verify the ground control circuit from the ASD to controller is not open?
Disconnect the controller connector and ASD relay connector and check the ASD control circuit wire for continuity with your ohmmeter.
The ground control wire is the DB/YL wire and runs to cavity 51 of the SBEC.

Also be sure that the terminals at the ASD relay connector and controller are not damaged/spread/loose etc causing you problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts