Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got some new tires put on and figured I'd go take a few pics. Kinda was running out of light so not the best. The tires are Yokohama Avid H4S.

And a quick run to 100. The 2-3 shift sucks because the syncro is out so that's why I shift like I do lol. Should ran it a little closer to 6k but filming and driving is work haha.

http://www.rmcgp.com/mupld/sl3196/pics/MVI_0849_NEW.mpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seems to be a dog over 75mph for a t2 running 20psi?

I counted 17 seconds to go from about 40mph to 100mph. Is something wrong?
Well I was climbing a hill up the on ramp for the interstate. Probably has something to do with it. Plus I couldn't shift good while trying to record haha.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
just saying regardless of the shift, the car seems to be accelerating really slowly for 20 psi in a t2.
I think my n/a 3.0 can easily do 40-100 in less then 17 seconds and it makes a lot less power then a t2 on 20 psi (that is healthy and running well) should.

Just saying there is probably something wrong. Might just be soemthing simple like the ECU is pulling timing so you are losing ALL your power. I would look into it. Looks like above 70mph something is wrong (higher load can = more detonation and more timing being pulled). The car is spinning tires and going crazy @ 40-50 and then at 70 it dogs.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Dan, we should hook up Jeremy's OTC and go for a run. it really does seem to slow down quite a bit up past 70mph. i think Ondonti is probably right about the timing.

for having close to 250,000 miles (on an engine that has never been rebuilt) i'd still say it's doing pretty good :) i miss that car lol.

------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge Spirit R/T
'98 Buick Regal GS

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't got to scan it yet but I did throw in some new plugs and turned the boost down to 18psi or so. It seems to like that better. I'll have to get another vid on a more level surface next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts