Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here but Ive been browsing for a while now. Alot of great information here. :) I'm not really planning on putting a turbo on my van anytime soon but I hope that I can still post here.

Well anyway I'm wanting to convert my 2nd generation 3.0 A670 caravan to a 5 speed because I'm tired of changing transmissions and with gas prices on the rise I'm trying to get every last bit of mileage I can, I've done alot of research on the subject but there is still a few questions I'd like to ask.

The problem is I cant seem to find a 91-94 5 speed van anywhere remotely close, But I think I've found a A543 trans.

What would I need to do to make the pedal and shifter assembly from a car work?

If something from a car will work what would it need to come from?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I did try the search feature first.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The pedal shaft is longer on a minivan and the self adjuster is different, and the shifter is straight up versus bent back. You could use the pedals out of any year MTX minivan, they are all the same. The shifter cables from a 90+ Daytona, Lebaron, or minivan are the same.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pedal shaft is longer on a minivan and the self adjuster is different, and the shifter is straight up versus bent back. You could use the pedals out of any year MTX minivan, they are all the same. The shifter cables from a 90+ Daytona, Lebaron, or minivan are the same.
Ok thanks jory.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Just so you know, there is a manual transmission minivan at my local junkyard. If you want the pedals out of it I could get them for you for a fee.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'm guessing around $30 but I'm not sure how much the junkyard charges for pedals. If you want them I'm planning on going there Sunday.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you get the pedals from the van at the yard for the guy be sure to also get the little bracket on the shock tower thats for the clutch cable. I don't know if that piece is unique to vans but this way you know it is right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts