Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a good driver side floor for a GLH? Going to need one to get the ball rolling on this restoration.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
rust?

rusted out huh? i had same problem on my 87 na omni best thing to do man is get some sheet metal from like a hood and cust and bend it and add some rivets lol. i did mine that way and so far it looks good i had fender rotting out also took car of it with some light sheet metal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19omni87 said:
rusted out huh? i had same problem on my 87 na omni best thing to do man is get some sheet metal from like a hood and cust and bend it and add some rivets lol. i did mine that way and so far it looks good i had fender rotting out also took car of it with some light sheet metal

No No No No!!!!! I want to do this the correct way.....I need a donor 4dr Omni or Horzion with good floors. This is a RESTORATION, not a lets keep the thing together with the Red Green method (Bailing wire and Duct tape..... :rolleyes: ) kind of car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
lol

ill check around de area when im out next ive seen alot of omnis sitting around last one i got for 50 bux for whole car and it ran lol hey anyone got a positive harness for a glhs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well......its getting harder and harder to find a good floor, or complete body shell for that matter for a 4dr Omni/Horizon as a donor car......I don't get it...they made millions of these cars and you never see them on the road anymore. :bang head I've been looking for about 2 months now...still no floors.

Anyone have some?......got to get the resto started on the 85 N/A GLH I've got......its a keeper, been in the family for a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
I know a guy who works at a body shop that told me he could still get replacement floor pans for the Omni 4door for about $300. This is the floor pans only and not the cross section. I can look into this further about just the drivers side. So many of these had the wheels driven off of them and are slowly fading. The yards I frenquent haven't had a single omni in 4 weeks. The last one was maroon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CUDA_TUGGER said:
I know a guy who works at a body shop that told me he could still get replacement floor pans for the Omni 4door for about $300. This is the floor pans only and not the cross section. I can look into this further about just the drivers side. So many of these had the wheels driven off of them and are slowly fading. The yards I frenquent haven't had a single omni in 4 weeks. The last one was maroon.

If you could find out more about it for me that would be great......if both sides are available, maybe I'll see about getting both.

Thanx in advance...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
capev86 said:
like i said before, pete's motor parts on rte 4 in S. Berwick, Maine. not too far from you. give him a call at 207-384-5946 thursday through saturday!

I did already.....gave him my number to call me when he gets one with a good floor. Said he didn't have any with good floors in them at the moment. Hmmm........rusted out floors on L-bodies from Maine....whoda thunk it? :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok...how 'bout this angle.......

Anybody have a parts car 4dr Omni or Horizon...any year with good floors?? Getting desperate......don't want to junk the GLH over a floor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
716 Posts
I am waiting on a call back now from the guy who can get those. I asked him to get the price on the passenger and driver side. I will post later. Sorry for the delay. I also have a GLH complete floor section that I may want to part with. It includes core support to roll pan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CUDA_TUGGER said:
I am waiting on a call back now from the guy who can get those. I asked him to get the price on the passenger and driver side. I will post later. Sorry for the delay. I also have a GLH complete floor section that I may want to part with. It includes core support to roll pan.
:cool: PM me if you have more info on the sections your buddy can get, or if you decide to part with the section you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CUDA_TUGGER said:
My buddy got back to me and said they were discontinued. I should sell mine but I think I will hang onto it for awhile. Sorry I couldn't help.

Thanks for trying....guess I'm back to looking for a parts car with good floors again.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,042 Posts
lots of them in orlando come down and grab a few!!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top