Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the part number of the 6 bolt flywheel that came in the mid eighties turbo car. If possible, a link to a correct one for sale would be a huge help. My Scamp is apart waiting on the clutch and I am without a vehicle.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That is a non-turbo Flywheel but the auction says This part is compatible with 1 vehicle(s) matching 1983 Plymouth Scamp Base Standard Cab Pickup 2-Door 2.2L 135Cu. In. l4 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated.

You should grab it.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
I give up. I am going to scrap my three Dodge Rampages. I thought I looked up Turbo Flywheels and didn't find that NOS one.

LOL if only I could have gotten up when cat woke me up I could have seen that Flywheel first and bought it one minute before you did. Just joking but boy wouldn't that have made you upset.

I must be slipping. I didn't find the flywheel you bought. Maybe I was stupid and didn't do a simple search for Mopar Turbo Flywheel. D'oh!

I was trying to help you find it so I don't know why I am so angry I couldn't find it. I didn't need it so I am not sure why it ruined my whole day.

Actually I have a NOS turbo flywheel with the part number for the 1984 year. Along with the clutch and pressure plate NOS with the correct OEM part numbers for 1984. It will be used in the future with a re-manufactured short-block.

I also have the P4286865 High Performance Clutch & Pressure Plate Assembly from the Direct Connections Catalog.

What confuses me though is why the new Flywheel you bought has a part number that isn't in the 1985 manual? The early 1985 parts manual still shows the same part number that was used in 1984. My best guess is they sent the parts counters updated microfiche or physical pages for their parts manual with the new number in it.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Chrysler superceded part numbers every few years, If you need a six bolt flywheel I'll sell the one I posted photos of.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Ed is good. But the package for that Flywheel has a 1984 date on it.
It has six bolt holes and the correct stud and bolt spacing for the larger turbo pressure plate. 1984 was the first year for turbo engines. 1983 would be carbed and have the smaller pressure plate bolt spacing.

1984 and 1985 were the only 6 bolt turbo engines. Everything after was 8 bolt.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Anyone know the part number of the 6 bolt flywheel that came in the mid eighties turbo car. If possible, a link to a correct one for sale would be a huge help. My Scamp is apart waiting on the clutch and I am without a vehicle.
The 1981-85 2.2L both Turbo and Non-Turbo used a 6 bolt crank and flywheel.
The 1986 and up 2.2L & 2.5L uses an 8 bolt.

I checked both 1984 & 1985 parts books:

P/N 4348314 is for an EDG code 1984-85 Turbo 6 bolt flywheel.
P/N 4348312 is for an EDE code 1984-85 Non-Turbo 6 bolt flywheel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts