Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone still use the FM Enforcer blocks? I want to build a 400ish hp 2.2 motor and pricing out all the parts along with having a block machined and assembled seems to about equal out to the Enforcer 3 short block price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to keep the 8 valve. I know the 2.4 is better for power and reliability but I feel it's the route most people go for these kinds of builds.

·
Premium Member
9,035 Posts
well "most people" aren't always right,
and more importantly, as time marches on, what *was* "right" isn't always right..

IF yur seriously after 400Hp
UNLESS you have both excess funds AND a desire to do things the hard way
THEN making that power level is WAY easier, cheaper, and more reliable with a 2.4 (or even 2.0)

400Hp can be done with a 2-valve, but why ?
the only reason I can think of is you were doing a "sleeper" build..

·
Super Moderator
11,714 Posts
the only thing the 2.4 has on the 2.2-2.5 IS the cylinder head

and sure there's lots more parts for the 2.4 ..like main cap straps .. but they need them lol

if I stumbled on the gears and distributor drive I'd consider the 2.4 head but I already have a big 44mm valve 655 head ..so why bother?

as for cost to buy from someone who habitually builds our kind of motors as opposed to any "random" shop.. that has some measure of value that may justify the shipping costs..(?)

'cause we all know how hard it is these days to find people who do things correctly , or even have a clue ..

however , to justify shipping (me -cdn$$) I'd also have to weigh their lightweight crank option ...' cause that option if the price is still the same ..ROCKS !!

just having the crank done up here would be probably the cost of the entire engine build
..or more

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I am also an 8 valve fan!!

Very durable platform, great electronics and they bolt in.

Thanks
Randy

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
Or Megasquirt/Microsquirt

400whp on 2.2L can be done, you'll need a turbo and supporting mods that can hold 33-40psi and a cylinder head that can flow to get it there.
For only 400WHP and the proper pieces of the puzzle, more like 25-30psi. Less if you really get it working right.

33-40 is more 500-600WHP territory ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts