Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just wanted your take on why I see no threads on Forward Motion and if you guys are still using them? I've talked to Mike from Forward Motion via email and he's been very nice to deal with. Is there something I'm just out of the loop about or is FWD Performance just that much better? I am trying to do some upgrades on my '84 SC carb'd car and emailed both vendors and only got a response from Mike. Of course, this was last September, but just wondering what's the deal? :confused:

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
and it depends on what you need. We don't do too much carb related stuff. so if you need a carb or NA pistons, they would have to be made, we wouldn't have them on the shelf. But items like suspension, brakes, exhaust that cross over whether the car is NA or turbo, is somehting we sell.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have dealt with both. Mike is super nice to work with when he is not busy. His parts are good and pricing is fairly good, although kind of high on some items.

FWD talks the talk but trying to get information on what parts to buy from them is terrible. It seems they just want you to go to the catalogue and order, and then wait for them to get it. I have been waiting for a cam for almost 6 months...seems they have a hard time getting their act together to me. Very Frustrating!!

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
Deleted by Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have delt with both companies just recently. I can say that FWD is quite short as stated before more of a search and order. With questions left unanswered I decided to go to FM for the engine rebuild. Mike was great to deal with, honest on turn around times, and easy to get in contact with. My business is with FM from now on.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
I just try to support our vendors that pay to advertise on the site. From what I can tell FWDperformance is paying lots of $$ to be a vendor and forwardmoition is not. An example is arizonaparts.com. When I type that domain name in some one goes in behind me and replace it with '*'. If I type in http://www.forwardmotioninc.com/ it is not. I feel that this web site should be fair across the board. I tried to do my part by paying to be a level 4 supporter. That helps to pay for hardware storage space on the server for folks like JAN to upload his pic's here, and not on another server.

Dennis

·
Registered
58 Posts
All,
I believe the point of this thread is not to bash any of the vendors that take care of us and our cars. We are a small niche group of enthusiasts that keep these cars that will most likely never be worth what we have in them.
The point is the vendors need our input to be better at what they do. As times changes, the group changes also.
The information and opinions posted here, I hope, are not to express any malice, but helpful information our vendors can use to be better tuned to our needs, wants, and our gripes. I sincerely hope they have the same mind set when and if they chime in.
We cannot survive with out good vendors, even if they don't advertise, and they cannot survive without us.
And maybe, in the future, with a little bug in there ear, those that don't advertise, will.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,369 Posts
For the record I absolutely have no problem with any vendor. I've ordered parts from both of the aforementioned vendors including Arizona Parts. All have been extreemly helpful over the phone in assisting me with issues.

Dennis

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
The problem starts with the question who is better? vendor a or vendor b? Once that is asked, everyone has an opinion. It is better to ask: has anyone used vendor a? or has anyone gotten a motor from vendor b? If you have an issue why not call or pm said vendor and tell them what you like or don't like about their service, instead of talking to said vendor, say nothing but then blast the vendor on an open forum when you had the opportunity to tell the vendor just days before?
It is irritating for many people when they see free advertising for a company that does not support the forum you use, or the car club you are in (SDAC for example). We sponsor several TD racers, We are a paid vendor on several TD related sites, and we help sponsor the sdac convention every year. The reason we do that isn't so you will pick me over someone else, we do this because we love this niche and by contributing to the community we are trying to keep it alive. Not by just taking your money and not giving back to the community.
For the couple that posted: Stage 1 and 2 cams are currently out of stock. I did not take any money from rlward, and told him we would be out of stock for a while. I was upfront about that, and he certainly could have bought a cam elsewhere knowing that we are out of stock. I said I would send him some specs on other cams, and I failed to do so, which is my fault. BUT all our cam specs are listed in the on line catalogue, so he can look that up, he doesn't need me to email them to him. We have an extensive website, so we don't have to spend hours on email and on the phone. I already spend hours on the phone and email as it is helping customers, I can only imagine how bad it would be if we did not have on line ordering and an online catalogue. To the second guy. I'm glad FM is taking care of your motor, I wish you the best on that. Email us about a motor build is hit and miss. if you know what you want, we can quote it, but if you email us a question like "I need a motor, what do you have?". There are a lot of different options, prices, etc... and to email that would take a really long time, so calling is best. Bottom line is support the people that support your hobby and if you don't get a response via email try picking up a phone, or if you don't get a call back, try sending an email. We answer as many people as we can, and don't intentional snub anyone, but we aren't perfect.
Sincerely,
Cindy
FWD Performance

·
Registered
356 Posts
FM is all "neon" now in my opinion. just saying. i split my money with cindy and chris. and i have no problems with either....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I called FWD Performance today in regards to a T2 exhaust manifold that they claim flows 20% better than over a stock OEM manifold. Maybe it does flow 20% better than a stock one but they couldn't provide me any test data to back up there claim.

He told me it was too long ago (2005) when the Airflowed the manifold on the bench and most likely didn't have the data from back then. Well why not?

I really wanted to purchase this manifold but whats the point of plopping down $119+ if you don't have any data to back up your claim?

Anyways just a frustrating experience:bang head, I hope FWD Performance doesn't take this as a slam but does a better job of backing up their claims in the future!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well I called FWD Performance today in regards to a T2 exhaust manifold that they claim flows 20% better than over a stock OEM manifold. Maybe it does flow 20% better than a stock one but they couldn't provide me any test data to back up there claim.

He told me it was too long ago (2005) when the Airflowed the manifold on the bench and most likely didn't have the data from back then. Well why not?

I really wanted to purchase this manifold but whats the point of plopping down $119+ if you don't have any data to back up your claim?

Anyways just a frustrating experience:bang head, I hope FWD Performance doesn't take this as a slam but does a better job of backing up their claims in the future!
A quick search would support the "numbers". Holding a stock manifold and doing a visual of the 3/4 runners is enough for me...

Here is a quote from the dodge garage: The factory exhaust manifold is adequate for most applications, with a little porting work it's a good piece to work with. TAFT and LRE sells ported ones that flows 28% better than a stocker. (Maybe you should contact TAFT or LRE about their numbers :p)

Here is a link to a thread on this forum: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f15/375507-best-ported-exhaust-manifold.html

·
Administrator
16,493 Posts
A quick search would support the "numbers". Holding a stock manifold and doing a visual of the 3/4 runners is enough for me...

Here is a quote from the dodge garage: The factory exhaust manifold is adequate for most applications, with a little porting work it's a good piece to work with. TAFT and LRE sells ported ones that flows 28% better than a stocker. (Maybe you should contact TAFT or LRE about their numbers :p)

Here is a link to a thread on this forum: http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f15/375507-best-ported-exhaust-manifold.html
i couldnt of put it better my self, :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
well, LRE is no longer so how's he supposed to do that? i understand what he's asking, he wants to see the proof in the pudding so to speak which isnt wrong to ask for, hell when you buy a ported head and they tell you it flows this # they also give you the flowbench report with it dont they? my head builder did back in the early 90's. but it most likely isnt cost effective to have each and every one of the manifolds flowed after porting unless the masses buying them dont mind shelling out even more then what a ported manifold goes for right now to cover the extra costs.there is no reason to go "brian" on him for asking...

·
Registered
169 Posts

Gee, a whole $119.00 on a performance piece....Yeah, FWD should spend a few grand on flow tests, dyno tests on a minimum of twelve different set ups and supply documentation to prove the advantage of each of their products...

Gah, some people want the world for nothing...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
The point is our suppliers know way more about the voodoo than we do. When I state what I want to build but don't know how to get there, the suppliers shold be able to tell us what we need to purchase from them and why. I is useless to look a specs on a cam or turbo and make informed purchasing decisions. Sorry Cindy, your website may be great, but is does not help me choose a part that is supposed to work in harmony with the other parts. You have probably built more engines and different combinations than I have ever seen, when I buy from an expert, I expect expert advice on what to purchase. Looking at your web site doesn't help. I confirm you did not take any money, but the cams were supposed to be available in April, 4 to 6 weeks after my phone call in January.
It is not important what you say you will do, It is only important that you do what you say you will.

·
Registered
501 Posts
well, LRE is no longer so how's he supposed to do that?
That was my point :thumb:. This is some really OLD and previously (extensively) verified info.

We're talking about a "relatively" inexpensive part that's merit isn't often questioned, its no wonder there isn't a dyno to back it up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
While I will support our current vendors. You must remember there are only a handful of vendors that actually serve us. They show true dedication to our hobby. From personal experience i've dealt with both vendors mentioned Fwd performance is very informative and prompt to deliver parys when ordered if there are any difficulties i recieve an email that keeps me up to speed. Foward motion inc has a great catalog but it needs to be updated. And while mike is very knowledgeable his site needs an update. Some things that are featured on the site are no longer supported/ stocked. I am still waiting for my spun aluminum panhard/ track bar and its been 10 months!!! To his defense he has a decent selection of turbo stuff. Tders are all about discovery there are so many different flavors to be had and combos to be made. Use forum supported vendors... my 2 cents

1 - 19 of 19 Posts