Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I don't like Wal*Mart, I stopped in to find a Fram SureDrain. I found them easy enough and was ready to just grab and run. That little voice in my head told me to inspect the package closely. I noticed that of all the packages of SD2 style kits had a different assortment of contents. Some missing the brass caps, some missing the drain plug, etc. I plucked through a package and made one that was complete.

The hose is certainly going to fall off the attachment when it heats up, so I'm going to put a rubber ring on it from the fish tank supplies we have. I noticed that some of them (of different models) even had a wire clamp on the hose, but I didn't swipe one of those.

The package I grabbed also had a blue plastic cap. I figured out that the plastic cap goes in the exit end of the tube so that you can attach the tube for draining, THEN pull the plastic stopper out to release the flow of oil. I even noticed a copper washer in one package that was supposed to go between the drain valve and the pan.

These things are made in the U.S., but they sure have some quality control issues. I'll be making use of this as soon as I can, though. :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"We" weren't being critical of cops in an earlier thread, other members were. I stated that the police officer could have had a grudge due to the fact that the two people were co-workers at a grocery store. That's not being critical.

So are you implying that I did something wrong by piecing together the actual parts that belonged in the package to begin with? I highly think not. Wal*Mart will most certainly get credit on those remaining SD2's, and they can either destroy them or return them to be repackaged.

My point was to inform others that may be thinking of buying one to inspect the package closely. It should have six unique pieces in it. As far as not swiping a metal clamp to hold the plastic hose: That's what the rubber ring from the fish tank supplies would be for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts