Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about a month ago I was at the junk yard looking for parts for my Shelby Charger and I was looking at a T2 maserati TC (a whole other great find) and a guy comes up to me and said he has a "shelby" if I need parts. I talked to him a little more and found out it was an 87 csx so I got his number and went on my way. So a little over a week after that I go to take a look at it and it turns out to be a complete all original car with all the shelby goodies with 130ish on the clock. The story to guy has on the car is he bought 2 of them off some other guy a year ago, one ran and then this one witch didnt. He said he sold the other one right away and then this one has just been siting. The best part is he said he would sell it for $600 delivered (which is great because its over a hour away) Its been about 3 weeks since I talked to him since I have been trying to find a place to put it, but I finally got that figured out so if he still has it I will be coming home next week. So basically I was wondering if anyone has any info on this car (87 Csx 597). I konw the car came from Texas because there is a Texas plate in the car and a lonestar auto sale thing on the back but that is it. Also this car is 100% rust free other than the surface rust on the roof and hood most likely because its form texas. Here are some pics.:thumb:
[/IMG]

D

·
0 Posts
nice!!!!!! the valve cover and intake are worth around $400 alone.def.get it

·
Mr. Moderator
8,894 Posts
Thats awesome.
Save it, restore it, love it.
I wanted an 87 csx SOOOO badly but I gave up on that and right now I just want a ttop daytona that isnt a Flintstone mobile

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well update time, it took a couple months but everything got worked out and I get to pick it up this weekend:thumb: I will post some new pic when it gets to the shop. So it looks like I got a new toy or project:p

·
Banned
35 Posts
Especially with people like that ryan kid buying and parting a shelby lancer that was almost perfect because he was too lazy to fix the motor of all things lol.

Great save.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I finally got it:thumb: I got it to the shop 2 hours ago. It was a pain because we set up a time to get it then he would bail but 2 weeks later I finally got it Yay!!
Anyway so I was digging around in the car cause it was full of stuff and I found a bunch of Nos interior pieces, 87 service manuals, 3 folders full of paperwork for EVERY service the car ever had from new till when it was taken off the road in the 96. Allso the car had a 5th Centurion wheel as a spare, (According to the paperwork the wheel was bought in 1989 for $367) And best of all a full Nos decal kit and Nos trunk medallion:eek: Still in the original mopar boxs.(According to the receipt the medallion cost $56 in 1994)
So far not to bad for a $600 car:thumb: I will post some new pictures tomorrow. So #597 is officially saved!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
That is incredible! Great find, and a great job in saving a important piece of automotive history!!!!! I drove up to MD for an 85 Shelby Charger 10 months ago, wish I had known that was there...........................lol Looks like it will be a great car, hope you have fun with it! Congrats again!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts