Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, what I have here is a 2.2 common block that was built by Forward Motion. It's their Enforcer 3 short block, with some extras for compatability with the Masi 16V heads. The pistons are forged JE, Masi spec pieces. They have a dished head and ensure a non-interferance engine. Compression is to be about 8.25 to 1, as Mike at FM figured it out to be, based on the custom rod length and pin location. Seal Power rings, Clevitte 77 bearings, ARP main studs, a heavy duty oil pump, and FM's own baffled oil pan are other options I went with. The crank has been polished, and it's a forged 2.2 crank. Standard/standard in journal and bearing size. The rods are titanium, by GRP. The rods slightly longer then stock, at 6.20 for an improved rod ratio of 1.75. The rods ended up costing me over $1300 by themselves. It was over kill, but I wanted them for their lighter weight and stronger strength. Better then billet alum rods in both respects. The whole rotating assembly was balanced and blue printed. FM told me it should be safe to spin up to 7500 RPM, where oil flow becomes the limiting factor. This is more less an overbuilt short block.

All this in addition to the regular work and checks performed by FM in their Enforcer 3 engine packages.

I'm asking $4,000, which is less then I paid to have it built. That might not seem cheap, but try and build a short block like this and you'll see it's worth the price. You can still see assembly oil on the cylinder walls, in the photos.

Located in central WI. I am not excited about shipping this, so best bet is to pick it up in person. It would be better for both sides, as the transaction can take place in person.

Email me - [email protected]

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Bump for a nicely done masi shortblock:thumb: For those of you 8v guys out there contemplating bolting a 8V head on this shortblock, I did a little math for you. Using FM's calculated 8.25 compression ratio (using a Masi head), a swirl 8v head would have a CR of 6.80 and a g-head would have 6.47 CR. In other words, anyone buying this motor better either change pistons, or run a Masi head. Valve reliefs and quench areas (to a lesser degree) are also not in the correct location for a 8V swirl head motor. With those custom length rods, custom 8V pistons would be a must. Okay masi 16V owners, who needs a shortblock?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Todd. I appreciate the input and you figuring out the compression ratios. I don't know that I'm going to be able to find a buyer very easily, but I am open to any reasonable offers on this short block. I also have a brand new, old stock Masi 16V head for sale with manifolds. If anyone is interested, I we could maybe work out a package deal.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump. :D Price lowered to $3500. I checked on shipping, just for the heck of it. From WI to CA, using Fed Ex Freight, looks to be about $250 - $300. If anyone is willing to pay the shipping costs, I'm open to taking it down the to the nearest Fed Ex Freight facility.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not sure if it will. The worst case is you would need to change the pistons out, and pistons aren't the worst or most expensive parts to swap. If you are serious about buying make me an offer.

I'd really like to sell this block and my Masi head.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. How 'bout you buy it from me?

Listen guys, I'm going throw this out here. I really would like to sell this. $2,500, if you pick it up in person, and it's yours.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i just bought a nice handgun for the house. (10mm)

if i spent 6 grand on an engine for my at most 1500$ daytona my girl would simply end my life. (with my own gun)

i want it and i have what i need to run it. and i have seriously sat here and thought about it for HOURS on end.

and still am actually. she wants this 18 foot bowrider up the street that some guy is hurtin to sell. so im like "7 mos outof the year that thing collects leaves".

could at least drive the car longer. but she hates my car. she drives a 335i.
plus shes an attorney so shed prolly shoot my ass and get away with it.
but man am i thinkin...

·
Registered
145 Posts
did the masi 16v have its own electronics. ive seen ONE in my life.

smec? sbec? undoubtedly the nasty rats nest of fusible links. etc.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know the answer to that question either, but I do know everyone who runs these hybrid engines, with Masi heads, or Neon heads, stick to the stock 8 valve electronics, and it works just fine. Some have custom calibrations, others use the regular tricks like bleeder valves, rising rate fuel pressure regulators, ect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts