Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fresh setup... T2 internals, stock IC and piping, +20 injectors, walboro fuel pump, Mopar head gasket, Mopar stage 2 LM and Forward Motion Enforcer II turbo, 3" turbo back exhaust. All this has been together for maybe 50 miles. I took her for a spin just now and in the top of second gear I felt a hp loss and looked in the rear view and saw a small cloud of smoke on the ground very low and gone right away. It definatly smelled like oil. My guess is the oil cooling the turbo somehow leaked into the exhaust. Any ideas here? I hope it can be fixed cheaply.:headbang:

· Registered
4,660 Posts
How is it idling(what is the hg at idle), what does a compression test say, how do the plugs look? Maybe a charge hose popped off, any codes?:jason:

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barely used turbo. Idles sucky only when cold, then perfectly. The cloud of smoke was the only oil smoke that has ever come out of the car. The inside of the tailpipe is extremely clean. No suit or funny smells. No Codes. The reason I ask about oil leaking onto the exhaust side of the turbo was because when the smoke, hp loss occured it smelled like hot oil like when oil drips onto a header for instance. It smelled different than when it is burned, like in a Honda for instance.:drummer:

· Registered
1,157 Posts
i'd check the shaft play on your turbo, maybe its isnt as healthy as thought? Ive run into this a bunch of times, even with new turbos... but never "felt" the power loss like you say.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this was just my guess... Keep in mind that this is my first boosted project so I have little experience with these cars. If the oil cooling the bearing in the turbo shaft somehow leaked out due to high oil press. at high rpm, it could spit out onto the blades causing it to slow down or at least not spin as easily as if it were just air rushing through it. Also explaining the small puff of smoke that smelled like hot oil. Did I go to far with this?:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.