Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a loud noise coming from the front end of my car. My tires have about 8K-10K miles, and I just rotated them to see if it was them. It isn't. When I take a banked turn to the right, the noise goes away, until I straighten it back out. Think it's a wheel bearing? Any help?

· Administrator
26,469 Posts
Noise concerns are some of the toughest problems to isolate.
Hub Bearings usually make a growling noise that will be more prominent on turns when load is applied, usually the noise will become louder on the opposite side you are turning to, (ex. R/S bearing will be noisier on a left turn). you may not be able to feel any binding spinning the bearing on the car, numerous times we have had to swap the bearings side to side to see if the noise moved with it verifiy a faulty bearing being the problem.
An outer CV Joint usually will make a loud clicking noise when turning to the side of the faulty joint and the noise will go away when straightning out the wheel.
An inner joint usually will be accompanied by vibration.
Check your Motor Mounts, there are numerous problems caused by cracked/broken/misaligned mounts on todays Chrysler vehicles, we see the trans mount creating a lot of noise concerns.
Be sure that a mount problem is not causing something to hit underneath.
Be sure the Sway Bar links are intact and secure.
The second step in all Chrysler vehicle diagnostics is check for related TSB's.
There is a TSB for a noise concern, I will post the diagnostic page, check to see if it applies. If this turns out to be the cause of your problem I will post the rest of the TSB.

· Registered
6 Posts
IMO sounds like a wheel bearing. Check to make sure they are not side-specific (usually interchangeable). If they are interchangeable, you can switch them from L to R side, and vice versa. See if the sound follows the wheel bearing.

EDIT: just noticed this was kinda old thread, but hopefully it can help someone in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.