Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started noticing a thump thump thump noise in front end. At slow speed I can feel wobble, faster I go less you feel wobble and hear thump. SO, I went to firestone, need outer tie rod on passenger side, small cut in boot on drivers side, not bad no clicking yet. SO, I get tie rod and have it replaced by another mechanic who agrees on tie rod. It was very loose. Checked wheels, no play just a very little in drivers side control arm. It seems this wobble has gotten worse. Also the drivers side front tire is really gotten worn on the inside of tire, which were just replaced (new) 1 1/2 yrs ago. Opinions please. What do ya think might be my problem?
89 Caravan Sport 2.5 turbo

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, you were absolutely right. Had all 4 new tires put on today after changing tie rod and guess what no more thump or wobble. I just wasn't sure with control arms being a little loose and the need to replace axle. But all is good. Thanks again. You guys never seem to fail me. Maybe one day I'll be knowledgeable enough to give advice out also. LOL

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course I did, I can always tell when it's off. It's been aligned a few times since then. Right now it's in pretty good alignment, no pulls, goes straight, even when I use brakes. So, after I replace control arms I will have it aligned. In a week or two.

·
Administrator
10,150 Posts
The control arms themselves should never need replaced, unless they were bent or broken at one point.

You can purchase all the bushings to tighten that front end up and fix that "looseness" for 100 or less. Instead of possibly spending 150 or more a piece per control arm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts