Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Having to wait for almost TWO months for a turbo seem like a long Time to anyone? Would you try and get a refund to order from somebody else? I know we have special needs and only a few vendors but 2 mos? Watching for some replys

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think that's a long time to wait if its something simple like a off the shelf stock replacement. But if you are looking for something a little more rare, like say a vnt turbo, and wanting other upgrades done to it I could see that taking time to find and get things completed, especially if the vendor isn't the one doing the work to said turbo and the one who's doing the work isn't local to them.
Depending on circumstances I could see myself being frustrated

·
Super Moderator
11,624 Posts
ya , I have a simular issue with a part I bought for my computer - 2 months ago

checking on their website it says "in que to ship"

don't answer the phone or respond to e mail - so next I call visa and deal with it that way as it's been paid for

·
Super Moderator
6,972 Posts
what kind of turbo are you looking to get? why not call gpopshop and have then build you one, it will take about 2 weeks i would think.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I hear yea bud. Last three turbos I bought I waited 9 months for one, 5 months for another, and 2-3 months for the most recent one. All from same vendor. In my experience, 2 months is nothing (lol). Pretty sad though.
Don't even get me started on calibrations. screwed around with one calibration for 3 years sending it back and forth. Never did get the overboost and detonation problem fixed. Another calibration from another vendor waited 1 year for and only received after several strong worded letters. When I did get cal, it was exactly what I didn't want. Part throttle boost limit crap. My s-60 performed like a 60-01. 10 PSI till 4500 then went to full boost. Yet another vendor sent in 87 TII core and waited 3 years. Fortunately no money exchanged, but never got core back. This was from a guy I knew personally through SDAC. Then there is the Rob Maxon stories... Thank goodness that Rob (boostbutton) actually delivers.
Clutches? Ditto. Waited over a year to try to get correct made spline large spline. Finally gave up and went to another supplier. Had correct part in three weeks, and that was because they had to make a new broach to correct the fittment issue.
Learned my lesson, these days nothing gets paid in full from vendors until product is in house ready to be shipped.

·
Registered
13,440 Posts
My s-60 performed like a 60-01. 10 PSI till 4500 then went to full boost. Yet another vendor sent in 87 TII core and waited 3 years. Fortunately no money exchanged, but never got core back. This was from a guy I knew personally through SDAC. Then there is the Rob Maxon stories... Thank goodness that Rob (boostbutton) actually delivers.

With MPtuner and Rob's calibration template, DIY calibration is so much easier now.

Though software is free, hardware is not cheap. Socketed ECU, chips with socket or ostrich, wideband, otc scanner for monitoring knocks... etc. But, they are well worth it having the ability to tune on the fly.

http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe/dodge/omniproject/tune/booost.JPG

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I just sent my turbo out a week or so ago. I hope to get it back as soon as possible. However, I am not too worried about getting it back....of course I want it back in a timely manner....i just hope this doesn't happen to me.....a year for a turbo as I read above ...that's crazy!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts