Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is my "Omnivore" - a carb'd 1985 Dodge Omni GLH black beauty. The GLH has 97K+ miles on it and runs like a raped ape. All the mechanicals and electrical are good working order. The car has good rubber all the way around and she hugs the corners like a cheetah.

The paint on the car is original and could use some buffing, but is in pretty good shape overall. There was very little rust on the body of car when I bought it 2 years ago - just a few pin-hole bubbles under the paint here and there which I've taken care of.

The left rear fender flare had some rust-through areas, which I've ground out and rebuilt with metal and a special 3 stage corrosion conversion system I developed and have been using for the past 3 years. This car hasn't seen winter since I bought it, though. I'm in the process of doing the finish sanding on the left rear fender flare before priming, wet sanding, spot painting and clear.

I've done the same type of restoration work on the corrosion-prone areas under the driver side / passenger side floor pans, as well. Ground out, metal backed, 3 stage corrosion conversion treated and metal-filled nanocomposite polymer reinforced. I popped off the side skirts too and rust-proofed all of the previously covered areas. I'm now in the process of rust-proofing the entire underside of the car. It's a very time consuming process, but it's a labor of love because my little Omnivore is worth preserving for future generations of GLH fans.

FYI, the nanocomposite "rust-proofing" compound I developed is the equivalent of a super tough yet sandable spray-on bedliner material (times 3) with unmatched corrosion protection capability. It has excellent adhesion and sealing characteristics, it doesn't delaminate, break, chip or fall out like other body fillers. There's nothing like it on the market - that's why I developed it.

The interior is in good shape overall. Some areas of the driver's seat are split along the stitching, but passenger seat is in good shape. I've got some nice black and red seat covers on both seats, though, which look sharp. The headliner is sagging a bit and could use some nip-and-tucking. There is a small split on the back seat where the stitching separated between the cloth and vinyl.

I'm also in the process of doing some detail painting (in red) on trim pieces on the dash board, pillar trim, top door trims, armrests, etc. The red and gray interior scheme looks pretty sharp. I have a little bit more to finish up before I take pics for the online classifieds and eBay - if it doesn't sell sooner.

Fuel lines, fuel pump, fuel filters and fuel reservoir have all recently been replaced. The carb has been cleaned and rejetted. I just popped a brake line the other day, so I plan on redoing the brake lines, also.

I recently bought a complete carb rebuild kit which will go with the car, along with a complete inventory of new primary & secondary jets. I have a number of other misc. parts that will be going along with the car, as well.

I also have a shed full of upgrade, modification and performance parts that are extra, but I will give the buyer the opportunity to make first offers on. Whatever the buyer doesn't opt to buy will get posted here on the TD forum for sale, followed then by listings in various online classifieds and eBay. These items include:
- Full 2.5L TII Turbo engine
- 2.5L block
- Full set of 4 pistons for 2.5L block
- 1988 New Venture Gear A555 (5) speed MTX
- Dual Weber side-draft DCOE 40mm carbs & unknown high flow intake
- Garrett turbo and stock Chrysler turbo
- New Centerline Clutch
- Full 2.5L TII turbo engine wiring harness and matching PCM
- 2 gray leather (Daytona?) bucket seats in VGC
- Stock "pizza-style" 15" rims
- Heavy duty (Daytona?) struts and springs
- A number of other parts available that I can't think of right now

This is the first time and the only place I have listed the car for sale, as of yet. I'm selling the car as it is now for the best offer over $1850. I don't have any pics of it yet, since the work in still in progress. I'm willing to take pics as it is right now and send them to those who truly interested in the car.

I'm not strapped for cash, nor am I in a hurry to sell it. I know that the more I work get done on the car, the more I'll be able to get for it. If you're looking for a nice GLH at reasonable price, then this is the time to contact me. I need to switch focus over to my '86 Vette and do some work on her for a change, so pm me with an offer if you're interested in the GLH.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been getting inquiries for specific parts that I have listed along with the GLH. I'm holding off on offering these parts separately, because I would like to give potential buyers of the GLH the first opportunity to choose additional parts that they would like to buy with the car (i.e. - A555 MTX, turbo and heads combo, turbo ECU + wiring, etc).

I would just as soon sell the car and all the parts together. The dual Weber DCOE 40mm carbs I'll probably be listing on eBay this week, since it's not necessarily TD specific type of part.

If anyone would like to make an offer on a combo package of the parts of your choice along with the GLH, then pm me with your offer. I will be making a complete list and taking pics of all the parts and the car this week as I'll have some time to do so over Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll finally have a little free time over the holiday weekend to take some pics of the GLH and the catalog all the TD parts I've got in storage. I'll post all of the pics and parts here on the forum for the TD'ers first before I list them elsewhere.

I'm giving an interested local TD'er first shot at the A555. If the deal doesn't pan out, then it'll be available in the Parts for Sale section soon along with everything else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The local TDer never followed up with me about the A555, so it's available. Date of manufacture is 8-08-88, it was in good working order when it was pulled and stored 5 or 6 years ago. Only has about 120K on it or so.

I won't be listing it in the Parts for Sale section until I have pics of the A555, then I'll post it with a price. I'll also post pics of the GLH this weekend. I'll give it a few more days here on the forum (after I post the pics) as a courtesy to TD members before I list it in the online classifieds and on eBay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts