Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling a modded red 1991 Spirit R/T. The car currently has 117k miles. The body is in average condition for its age. No rust, but it does have several dings, scratches, etc. The interior is in decent shape but could probably use a good cleaning as the car has been sitting for a couple years.

The Good:

The bottom end was built & balanced and has forged JE pistons. The car also has a McCleod RevHard clutch, a super nice 3" mandrel bent turboback exhaust, and Super 70 Turbocharger. Perhaps the best part is that the top end of the motor, including the head, cams, and all 16 rockers, were replaced with NEW OEM Mopar parts just 23K miles ago under a Chrysler Service Contract in 2001! The A568 trans was rebuilt 40K miles ago and shifts perfectly. Other NEW OEM Mopar parts that were replaced within the last 23k miles include: A/C lines, Rad/IC, Starter, Vacuum harness (now NS1 I believe), A/C compressor, axles, and more. All work was done by AJ Berge (aka Shelbytek). Not sure if he's still around here or not, but he was big into these cars a few years back and worked as a tech at a Chrysler Dealer on Long Island. He was an awesome T3 guru/mechanic!

The Bad:

The Super 70 Turbo that's on the car needs to be rebuilt or replaced as it smokes a lot. The car had been driven daily up until when the turbo blew. The parking brake is non-operational. It will also need a battery as it hasn't been started in a year or two. The cam and crank sensors were removed to troubleshoot one of my other Spirit R/Ts and I'm not sure if I can locate them at this point. Those were the only two parts removed. The car has an aftermarket sunroof but I never had any problems with it leaking but keep in mind that was several years ago.

I'm asking $1,900 firm. I have way too many cars (including two other Spirit R/Ts) and this one has to go soon. I don't want to part it out, but I do need to sell it ASAP.

The car has a clean title in my name and possession. It's located in Marlboro, NY, zip 12542 which is about an hour north of NYC.

Pics are located here:

Index of /redrt

Any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at 914-873-4259.

Thanks,

Marc

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Re: FS: '91 Spirit R/T with built motor & newish head/cams/rockers for $1900. *NY*

:bump: for ya :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: FS: '91 Spirit R/T with built motor & newish head/cams/rockers for $1900. *NY*

i am interested in it would their be any way for you to throw in those sensors for me and clean it up and start it up because i would have to drive it to PA

·
Registered
9,290 Posts

he sold this months ago

·
Registered
4,156 Posts

no i dont think he sold this one...i think you're thinkin of the white one i bought from him..this is his red one. Plus he has a 92 red Spirit R/T

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

No, he did sell this months ago, I talked to him.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts

mark just has too many spirts

·
Premium Member
768 Posts

Isn't there a way for old posts to be deleted?

Other forums I belong to allow the original poster to delete their posts. I think that should be allowed here as well. It would certainly result in cleaner boards...

Moe

·
Registered
4,663 Posts

Isn't there a way for old posts to be deleted?

Other forums I belong to allow the original poster to delete their posts. I think that should be allowed here as well. It would certainly result in cleaner boards...

Moe
Erasing would be bad, we need to keep the transaction history just in case. The op simply should post it as sold.

·
Registered
593 Posts

WTF were u 3 months ago when i lived in marlboro lol, maybe u seen me i was driving a red starion everyday. Man i woulda bought your car at the time too cus i had some spare cash in that range ur asking for a turbododge, as i was looking for one, now im kinda looking for a very!!! cheap turbododge lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts