Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ALUMINUM quarter window louvers .These louvers should fit all 84-91 Daytona's. Just do the research please.
I am not sure if these louvers were painted over once before. cant tell if its the original paint. Looks to be a gloss black. Light scratches in paint. Needs new mounting tape as you can see. Scale of 1 to 10, its about an 8 .

$600.00 + shipping.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
you are dealing with a tough crowd here....if they were 15.00 and you offered free overnight shipping to Europe then it would be a different story.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you are dealing with a tough crowd here....if they were 15.00 and you offered free overnight shipping to Europe then it would be a different story.
It's funny because I know EXACTLY what you mean.
I have felt that way for a long time now. Things are not the same. I remember when people would pay 220-250 for a 4 spoke daytona wheel. Now...maybe like $60-$80 bucks with free shipping? I put it to you this way..Id take these louvers to my grave before I give them away for 20 bucks, along with free shipping to Europe

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
need to know , head hip or foot.. and how DID you take your coffee?
it's only polite to bring you a coffee if we're gonna disturb ya ..

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I once had a set of rear window louvers for the 70-71 Barracudas. 2 years only, Challengers were different. I traded some parts worth about 50.00 for it. It was mint with attaching parts. That was around 1980. So rather than immediately trying to sell it I put it away and never told anyone I had it.

30 years later when these were starting to go up in value someone called me and asked if I had these. It was a customer in Canada that was into the E Body cars and he had one that came with the louvers. They were missing. I said I had the louvers. He said how much. I said what is it worth? He said 1,000.00. I said F... you. He laughed and said 1,5000.00 I said SOLD and that was that.

That paid for a trip to Vietnam........so the point is sometimes you have to wait an eternity for things to go up in value. Since I had only 50.00 into the part it didn't kill me to hold onto the part.

Should have bought more of the grilles for those cars too when they were 50.00 from the Mopar dealers and the F Body Aspen and Volares..about 45.00 each if I remember. One of those just sold for 1500.00 NOS

BTW the G Body rear window louvers were 100.00 from Mopar...got some of those. Then called the manufacturer in FL I think and he had a buttload of them and asked me if I wanted them cheap.........the shipping on them plus where to store them caused me to put if off and when I called a few years later he had scrapped them.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
send me a PM when you die and give me the location of your grave........please be specific. It is hard work to dig through 6 feet of dirt.
This is the sad truth about selling parts for 1 buck , free shipping to Indonesia and a coupon for a tuna sandwich.
At least you made me chuckle . My kids said "Daddy , why are you laughing?" lol

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
need to know , head hip or foot.. and how DID you take your coffee?
it's only polite to bring you a coffee if we're gonna disturb ya ..
LOL! At least you would bring coffee...
Even then, they would complain that they used gas money for coming to my grave and need reimbursement

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Hi there, if they have not sold yet please shoot me a PM with some pics. Will do my best to part you from them without the use of a backhoe or other digging implement :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts