Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is an oil pan for a 2.2L or 2.5L engine. I believe the part number is 4173393, it is hard to read but there is a number stamped on the pan. It has been powder coated light grey and is in perfect condition.

Asking $200 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
That looks like a 2.5 common block pan if I'm not mistaken. 2.2 pans are different. Not to say that this pan can't work on a 2.2, but you'd have to swap oil pickup tubes to match the pan.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No. This is an early (81-87) block 2.2 oil pan! Both ends have the same shape around the seal retainers. All 2.5, and Common Block oil pans have a more round curve at the front end.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
That looks like a 2.5 common block pan if I'm not mistaken. 2.2 pans are different. Not to say that this pan can't work on a 2.2, but you'd have to swap oil pickup tubes to match the pan.
No. This is an early (81-87) block 2.2 oil pan! Both ends have the same shape around the seal retainers. All 2.5, and Common Block oil pans have a more round curve at the front end.
Carl is correct. This is what was commonly (back in the day) referred to as a 5 quart early pan primarily used on 84-86 2.2's. Those 4 dimples identifies that as using the large pickup. Used a silver colored dipstick handle too. CB's did not use this style pickup. 87's+ 2.2's used the sump style pan (approx. 4 quart capacity) with different style (smaller) pickup screen.
Yup, as Carl said, CB pan looks completely different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This picture shows 2 types of common block oil pans. The Tall Deck 2.5, and all common blocks with balance shafts get the one shown on top. The 2.2 Common blocks without balance shafts get the one shown on bottom. Late 87/88 2.2s look similar to this one on bottom, but is like the older one on each ends.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts