Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nicely built T3 Caravan. 89 Caravan ES. Southern car. Very nicely made wiring harness. New Struts, shortened Gen 2 caravan HD front springs, Walbro 255, all new brakes, stainless hoses, 17" Factory Mopar aluminum wheels with nice Kunho tires, Momo shift knob, Gen 2 Caravan front suspension with cast dual pivot A Arms and poly bushings. Much much more. Located in Charlotte, NC delivery possible. I will be in the USA for a week from 21st through about the 25th. Van runs and drives and I drove it on several 1000 mile drives. Still needs some things to finish it. AC not hooked up as of yet.
Clean rust free van built by ASE certified master tech. $2700.00
Also have a spare T3 and a spare A 568 with a quaiffe.
This is a nice van that I built to keep but the situation changed and now I live overseas and no longer have the need for it. Would like it to be enjoyed by somebody and I can use the money.
If it doesn't sell here it will go on eBay later.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I am uploading some pictures now. They can be seen at:

.Mac Web Gallery

A bit more detail on the van. 89 ES Turbo van originally. SC van. I built it to keep so did everything right as possible when I built it. It has the following new parts: New 3" mandrel bent exhaust system, has an ultraflow and a cat. Cat is removable and comes with a test pipe to replace it. New front rotors, new front KYB struts, new XHD rear shocks, new rear wheel bearings, new rear brakes and wheel cylinders, new braided stainless brake lines, rebuilt front calipers, new metal 3 row minivan radiator, new heater core, all new fuel lines and water hoses, new walbro 255 fuel pump, new water pump, new timing belt, new headliner, new Momo shift knob, new poly shifter bushings, new 3" mandrel bent aluminum intercooler plumbing and silicone flew joints elbows etc, new poly motor and trans mounts.
The van has the front crossmember and suspension from a Gen 2 minivan. Includes dual pivot cast A arms with relatively new poly bushings. The front springs are a set of HD springs from a Grand Caravan Cargovan and they are shortened to lower the front about 1 1/2". It has the large front sway bar from a sport package van and I have the rear bar somewhere (not installed) The van also has a Mopar AM FM CD cassette player that works well except for one push button. It has a Phord Powerstroke diesel truck intercooler, 17" factory wheels from a 2000 Caravan Sport pkg van with 45 series Kumhos. All new clutch pedal adjusters. The wiring harness is built from a 90 stick turbo van harness and an RT harness. Took Cliff and I about 8 hours to make it and it looks factory. No yellow wires from the parts store and no crimp connectors.
The van was not finished when I moved to Asia. I am not planning to return to the US and so have decided to sell it instead of leave it sitting around. What doesn't work or isn't finished (that I can remember): AC is not connected, rear vent windows, overhead console temp/compass and electric rear hatch release are inop (some not connected), Rear trans mount not welded on K member. I have a mount and a NEW rear solid mount but needs to be welded on, van runs fine idle quality is poor, not sure why. Air cleaner system is not to my satisfaction. It uses a Jeep Grand Cherokee air box mounted where the battery was ( that is inside under the middle seat) and it looks nice and stock with the air filter. But it needs a little refinement. The engine and trans were as removed from a Spirit RT and had about 140K on them. The bottom end was rebuilt about 15K ago and we replaced a 3 gear synchro before installing it The plan had been to install the spare engine and trans after rebuilding them. These run fine but it leaks a little. I have taken this van on 500 mile drives and never worried. It does have a new timing belt and water pump.
There are probably some things I am forgetting but overall it is a nice van. All the hard stuff is done as far as the conversion and it is drivable now as it is. If somebody buys it while I am in the US this month or leaves a deposit and buys it next month when I visit I will sell the van for $2700. which is a good deal. No, I am not Santa, you don't get the spare engine, 568 and the Quaiffe for that price. The van is in Charlotte as is the spare engine and a spare cracked head. The trans is at Cliff's in CT and may or may not be sold ( no money yet). I will consider offers on the engine if you buy the van or after the van sells.
No, I don't want trades. I don't need three dead Daytonas or anything else (unless you want to deliver them to Asia). If the van doesn't sell It will be on eBay later on. I would rather sell it to somebody in the TD community but I do need the money and the van needs a new home.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PM ed you re the trans.

Before I put the engine in the van, I removed everything from the engine compartment. The engine compartment was professionally repainted in correct body color.
The paint on the van is poor (bad clearcoat)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.