Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Omni GLHT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my fuel rail, and the rubber tip of injector 4 separated from the rest of the injector. I heard something bouncing down into the engine bay, so I'm pretty sure it's gone forever. I found the I rings at least. It might still be in the hole though, I need to shine a light in and see. Pic attached, good injector on the left, broken one on the right, metal is visible, along with the needle. Would I be able to replace it with just the tip of a new injector, or do I have to get a whole new flow matched set? I've been planning on upgrading to turbo II with the (+40% if I remember correctly) injectors eventually, but I don't think I can add them on their own without doing the whole turbo II package, right? Any advice would be appreciated.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
IIRC,
The plastic (not rubber) tip and a washer are separate on this style injector. Yeah you don't want either bouncing around in cylinder. I'd call Bill Johnson at Mr. Injector and see if he has what you need. He services injectors. Believe he is in Idaho.
Your stock log manifold ECU will barely tolerate 32lb injectors. Stock is 27lb. +40's on a log manifold will drown the cylinders! Don't do that! Might be a good idea to get all your injectors serviced while the car is down. Bill can do this for under $100.
Contact Hours
8:00am - 3:00pm Pacific
Phone 208-762-3450
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
12,198 Posts
be pretty sure if you heard it go plink - plunk - pling it's not going to be in the engine
and..it's only a hollow plastic cap so no big deal in reality it's just gonna get burned to nothing or spit out almost instantly
hell..my compressor wheel blades went through my log motor and out the tailpipe sounding like gravel shot through a culvert without hurting the engine..so..find another cap N snap it on

ya bump em ..sometimes they come off..it's not a major thing..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts