Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I was changing a fuel line on my 2.2 T1 log intake. Before I did so, I attempted to depressureize the system by removing that little stem/nipple cap, and I pushed the little nipple...I screwed it all the way back down and now it leaks fuel!! I unscrewed it so it was loose, like it was before and there still seemed to be fuel leaking...but maybe that was leftover....how should this thing be put on properly and to get rid of the leak?
thanks,
Lee

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The valve is physically the same as the ones in your tires, although I don't know if they're made of any special material. I doubt it. You can buy the valves and the tool to replace it at any parts store, or even Wal-Mart by the bicycle supplies.

·
Registered
934 Posts
what did you use to loosen the valve? if you used a screwdriver or something chances are you might have stripped out the threads where the valve screws into. take the old one out and check the threads, also check for any rubber o-rings. ma-mopar loves o-rings and puts them in alot places not really needed....

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, I beleive you need a valve tool to unscrew that stem correct? or does the whole thing come out? All I did was unscrew the cap with my fingers (like you would on a tire) and with my finger, depressed the stem...and its leaking now...so I guess I'll pick up the tool and take out the stem correct?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
could be some dirt got down in there. pressurize the fuel system by turning on the key (but i wouldn't start the car until this problem is solved and the fuel is all evaporated), then use a pen or something to push that booger all the way down and duck while the fuel shoots out. hopefully, this will dislodge the dirt.
good luck
tony

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I went out and picked up some new valve stems...the first one did the same thing, but I think I didn't tighten it enough. The second one, I cleaned the hole out with a long Awl, and put another new one in and tightened it very firmly. It seems to have fixed it! the little gasket on the old one was extreamly worn away...but I have some fuel that driped down and got absorbed into the heat sheild insulation...should I be worried about the heat from the turbo igniting the fuel in that insulation??
thanks for all the help!!
Lee

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
....alright, thankyou...I think I may just drive it tomorrow, most the fuel will have evaporated by then and I'll just deal with the smell for a little..as long as its not going to blow up :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts