Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start my 89 daytona 2.2 it has full fuel pressure and it slowly dropds down to about 20lbs...i have an accufab regulator and i just am not sure what would cause this.........anybody had this happpen before tankn you

·
Administrator
24,989 Posts
Actuate the ASD so the pump runs constantly with the key on/engine off.
To manually actuate the ASD with the key on/engine off ground the DB/YL wire in the diagnostic connector.
Does pressure still drop?
If so momentarily pinch off the return line and the pump should instantly jump to max pressure of at least 80 PSI.
If it does the pump is good and your problem is with the regulator.

GROUNDING THE DB/YL WIRE TO ACTUATE THE ASD.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a walbro and a accufab regulator so i hope its not it......they have worked fine and then this just started happening......thank you ill try this

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
dont overlook the fuel filter, ive seen them clog up and drop pressure, I like to check the voltage at the tank if the car is running that way you can eliminate wiring/relay issues, pinch the reurn fuel line also to check the regulator and if pressure does not go way up then the problem is in the tank, either theres a ruptured hose inside the tank or the pump has failed

·
Registered
370 Posts
or the fillter in the tank on the end of the pump is cloged. also the higher output pumps can really suck hard if the sock get cloged I have seen them get sucked up into the pump and kill it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts