Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my car ran okay today but now after i parked it i tried to start it up but it runs for like 5 to 10 seconds then shuts off. The only thing i really did was put in some fuel injector cleaner. could my fuel filter of plugged up and not allowing fuel to get to the engine. This filter was brand new but my car sat for 6 months so im sure there was junk in the fuel tank. So what im wondering is if i put in a new filter will it fix the problem or is there something else going on? i drove it to school one day, showed it off to my friends, and now it wont even run. im pretty mad and i want to figure this out quick.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I replied to your other post, but there could be a bunch of crap in the tank. Did you check the grounds after replacing the head gasket?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna order a new fuel filter tomorrow but i dont think that is the problem now. I took the main vacumn line off of the back of the intake(the one that sends readings to FPR, MAP, and other things) and it dripped fuel out of it. So i was like what the heck i dont think there is suppose to be fuel in there. So i took off vacumn to FPR and a whole crap load of fuel came out. Is there suppose to be fuel in that vacumn line? Is my FPR leaking causing my car not to get correct fuel pressure and make it not run? I might just order a new FPR and see if that helps. Thanks

·
Registered
999 Posts
Your FPR has ruptured. I think you know now where your black smoke was coming from! Get a new one, put it on, & you should be good to go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got in a new FPR today but there are still problems. It starts better now but there are still sometimes it doesnt. Im gonna clean out fuel filter tomorrow. I have another problem now when it starts the power loss lamp stays on and it will let me rev it to like 2500 to 3000 then it cuts down like its on a rev limiter or something. If you slowly give it gas i can get it up to about 4000 but then it wont go any higher and it drops down to less then 2000. Its giving me a code 13 again but and i dont know why. There is no more fuel in the vacumn lines and i took off the lines to MAP on both sides and i could blow thru it. It idles pretty low, at like 800 RPMs. Is that too low? I just cant figure out what is wrong. and now matter what i do the power loss lamp wont shut off. Is there something that i did wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i left my MAP sensor inside while i was at school today to try to get stuff out of it if there was anything in it. I pulled vacumn line off map while running it and there is a sufficient amount of vacumn too it. I messed around with vacumn lines and bypassing baro solenoid and everything and it still didnt run any better. Could the hole on the map sensor that gets the vacumn be plugged or is my map sensor just screwed up. It sat in a cold shop all winter and i didnt check to see if there was fluid in it before so if there was fluid in there could it of frozen and broke my MAP. There crazy thing is that i drove it for like a day with no problems and now the power loss light stays on. Could the fuel from the FPR leaking got in the MAP and broke it. There is a GLHS MAP sensor on ebay that says he used if for a couple days and found out that the MAP sensor wasnt his problem so he threw the old on back in. How much is a new MAP at a auto parts store. This one on ebay is 19.95 right now with shipping of 7.95. This is just stumping me that i cant figure out whats wrong. Ill prolly pull the MAP again tonight and let it sit in the house to make sure there is no liquid inside it. I hope i get this figured out quick.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the codes i have are 12(the battery was removed) 13(MAP sensor) 31 (purge solenoid but i was told that that has to do with exhaust gas recirculation so thats not a big deal) and 55(end code) Ill prolly double check vacumn lines tomorrow and try to figure out whats causing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts