Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 2 wire pump connector still available? The one that attaches directly to the pump hanger???

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,437 Posts
The pump connector is part of the wiring harness and is not/was not available separately.

They are pretty much all the same so, either....
1)Open a thread in the Parts Wanted section, someone parting a car may have one.
2)Hit the JY.

I am assuming yours is damaged?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense as to why I couldn't find one... LOL

Mine is hardened and the connections inside look iffy. Thanx for the quick reply..

·
Administrator
24,437 Posts
Mine is hardened also and in cold winter temps refused to come off, common with age.

If you need to remove it without damage heat the outside or the connector with a hair dryer or a heat gun set on low.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been removed a few times. It's also slightly distorted and doesn't sit well. I've been diagnosing a no start and have been seeing no fuel pressure at the rail. I confirmed power down at the pump during cranking. Replaced the pump due to running it dry a time or 2 and still have the same issue. Hence why I'm looking to replace that connector.

·
Administrator
24,437 Posts
Manually actuate the ASD Relay and see if the pump runs.
(Ground the DB/YL wire in the diagnostic connector and turn the key to the "on" position, this may set a Code 42 in memory, that does not indicate a problem)
If no, then wiggle/push on the connector to see if the pump will run/cycle on to verify that is your issue.
Be sure your fuel pump ground has continuity to ground.

6-ASD Manual Actuation.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can open up the connector and tighten the metal surfaces to make the connection a bit better. They are like small rings, I used a pair a needle nose to gently close close the gap a bit. But dont go too much or you wont get it back on the pump.

Or snag out of a junk yard for $2.

·
Administrator
10,169 Posts
If you cannot get the connector to work properly, you can modify the pump hangar and remove the connector inside the pump (would likely need to drill this out) then use a hermetically sealed connector bulkhead like a Deutsch connector.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you cannot get the connector to work properly, you can modify the pump hangar and remove the connector inside the pump (would likely need to drill this out) then use a hermetically sealed connector bulkhead like a Deutsch connector.
This is my exact plan. I'm gonna solder wires to the pin and wire in a GM style 2 wire connector.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts