Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 glh w log intake. What Im trying to do is swap out my existing fuel rail and injectors w a newer one. Is my fuel rail under constant pressure? I pressed the release valve and an it seems as though there is an enormous amount of fuel in there. Is this my starting position to remove the fuel rail or am i overlooking some primary steps..........also with the log, what is the max flow injectors i can use?
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
94 Posts
First step, disconnect fuel pump and crank over eng, this will relieve most of the fuel from the fuel rail so you can remove it. Your injectors should be 27lbs/hr at 55psi (Stock Turbo I), As for max flow injectors, that depends on what modifications have been done or you are currently doing. My knowledge of Turbo Engines is very limited. There are a ton of others that have and are willing to give you this information. I would put a reply with your current engine mods if any and see what they have to offer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mods as of yet..I want to keep it as is, thru this season and next to build it up to TII. I have 5 different fuel rails w assortment of injectors to use. anybody know where on TD i can find reference #s for injector identification.
Thanks in advance,
Brian

·
Administrator
25,148 Posts
Your stock vehicle has 27 PPH injectors.
If you are having fuel issues the first step is verifing fuel pressure under all operating conditions.
Unless you are adding boost and the required supporting mods there is no point in installing larger injectors.

If you wish to read up on the injectors and manifold go to...
Donovan's Dodge Garage

Click on Turbo Database.
Manifolds, Section 3
Injectors, Section 40

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
if you are wanting to put a billet on there, there isnt one available for the log intake just the one and two piece intakes, but if you just want a little more fuel you can buy a set of 803 injectors which will boost it about 10%, if the car has sat for a bit of time the fuel pressure will drop to barely any pressure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts