Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my T1 fuel rail is a device I was told was a surge protector. It's attachec at the opp. end of the fuel rail where you connect it to the fuel pump feed. Is this still used in a T2 setup?
:confused:

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry no.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got this out of the pdf.

4418205 1 RAIL, w/Damper, Fuel

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does this help? It's item #2

Attachments

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it unscrew?

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't know

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,967 Posts
brings to mind the Q , are T1 & T2 dampers the same part ?
Wholesalemopar does not list them separately so I would say they are the same (late model T1 and T2 fuel rails have the same part number). I don't know about the log. I can't find a fuel rail listing for it.

·
Premium Member
10,205 Posts
Yes the log setup had the dampner on the pump housing. As most TD's did from the factory.

The dampner is there to help keep fuel pressure consitent in the rail. Though if you ever upgrade the pump from stock, it will flow plent enough to keep your fuel needs in check. I've never heard someone say they've had better "success" on one over the other.

·
R.I.P Dennis Jarvis
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No Cindy, I ordered a new fuel rail from you and it does not come with one. I would destroy the old one just trying to get it apart. Do you sale one?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.