Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 85 Omni GLHT. When I touch the pedal it falls on its face, feathering gets me full revs. Changed plugs, which I was told they foul quickly. Loss power light on. Blueish smoke with a very strong gas smell out the exhaust. Could bad gas have done that? Very very strong gas odor. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks.

·
Registered
1989 Dodge Shadow 2.5 non turbo 3 speed automatic
164 Posts
Any service history on the car?
Any codes? (On off on off on with the key. Does anything other than a 12 or 55 blink)
Does the issue change once it is warmed up?
Are all the plugs firing?
Is the timing correct?

Also you should get a service book if you intend on keeping the car. It helps a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any service history on the car?
Any codes? (On off on off on with the key. Does anything other than a 12 or 55 blink)
Does the issue change once it is warmed up?
Are all the plugs firing?
Is the timing correct?

Also you should get a service book if you intend on keeping the car. It helps a lot.
I will check codes tomorrow.I will get back with you. Thanks

·
Registered
1989 Dodge Shadow 2.5 non turbo 3 speed automatic
164 Posts
I will check codes tomorrow.I will get back with you. Thanks
What’s the car look like? Any pics. Mileage?

NAJ should show up soon. He is great with helping people fix there cars. If you just follow the steps he tells you to you should find your problem. Even if you already checked a thing in his steps check it again.

·
Administrator
25,144 Posts
From your description you are running excessively rich and if the Power Loss Lamp is illuminated that means there is a "Hard Fault" (happening now) and the vehicle is in "Failure" (Limp In Mode) which is a fixed program that allows the engine to run just enough to get you home or to a shop, that is why you have no power.
Start by retrieving the fault codes and post back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From your description you are running excessively rich and if the Power Loss Lamp is illuminated that means there is a "Hard Fault" (happening now) and the vehicle is in "Failure" (Limp In Mode) which is a fixed program that allows the engine to run just enough to get you home or to a shop, that is why you have no power.
Start by retrieving the fault codes and post back.

Thanks!! I will check codes after work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts