Turbo Dodge Forums banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Awesome! That should fly! What kind of clutch are you running? Also how did you shorten the srt4 axles? Did you have new shafts made?

Adam

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Using a act 6 puck. Custom dss axels. Just went to the track and broke the drivers side axel unfortunelty before I could get the tune dialed in a little better

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I heard that if you use the dual mass clutch set up that it holds less power than with a single mass, they dont say how much less though, cant believe people seem to break these dss axles pretty regularly, every single thread i can find about them they are breaking right out of the box basicly, wish we could find another solution for axles...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well the fronts were easy..everything from the srt bolted right up besides the top strut tower bolts..we had to drill a third hole.

And as for the back i picked up the turbo daytona disc/5 lug setup for the rear
I figure its a long shot getting a reply on this but I'm basically basing my entire swap after this thread, is the a reason you couldn't use the srt4 setup for the rear? Just checking before I run into issues when I start here in a week or so.

·
Administrator
16,493 Posts
The rear of a srt4 uses a different style of mounting the brake system and the rear swing arm on a horizon uses 4 bolt on the along with the Daytona so the rear brakes setup is a direct bolt on.

221 - 230 of 230 Posts