Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 40 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
defff.. the grill, and headlight bezels got painted black while they were off..along with some black tints, it should look pretty mean! O and my big ass intercooler is also gonna be black

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The inside of the car is fully gutted..gotta clean up some rust on the floor boards...and after pulling the whole dash out...i changed my mind haha im not going through everything to put it back in...a sheetmetal dash will be cool cause i can set all my gauges up and be able to use my srt gauge cluster.

Sold my srt yesterday..got some rims im trying to get rid of, then ill have the cash to build the motor and really get this thing moving!

·
Mr. Moderator
8,894 Posts
Dude this looks awesome!
Nice work. keep the updates rolling. Awesome to see you and your dad are working. Think how fast this car will be if you keep throwing a car payment at it =P

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok some more updates..this is just the motor mocked up on blocks, we are gonna start fabricating some mounts, but it seems like everything lines up the way we want it and should fit pretty good when we are done

Slowly but surely getting there ha.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Welll here we go with some more updates...had a nice full day and got alot done!

First off the trans mount had to go..when we got the car it was barely hanging on holding up the non turbo 2.2.....so we took the srt bracket fabed it up and are in the process of boxing it into the frame rail...right now its just laying in it but we are gonna weld it up and reinforce the hell out of it

Second off is the main mount on the passanger side...we have the bottom plate laying where the stock mount was..then poly bushings from Polybushings.com (which are awesome) and then a nice chunk of right angle i believe it aluminum...we used one of the existing bolt holes into the steel plate on the srt motor and just used a longer bolt..once the motor is out and we have room we are going to drill and tap a second hole into that plate...i think this came out really sick and should hold anything i throw at it

Last one for now is the top mount.....this was so easy its scary...this is the stock strut mount from the srt ...we just drilled two holes in the strut tower and the thing bolted right up....still dont believe how well it lined up right away

We are gathering some supplies to do the front lower mount, but it should be done hopefully this weekend!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
haha you are so right..been like 90 and we are in direct sunlight hah..i have a 10x20 canopy im setting up over the car so that will be good

·
Registered
223 Posts
NT, one point of concern I see; using the aluminum angle iron for your pass mount, is the aluminum heat treated to at least T-6? If not, get thee to a metalworks! If you can't get it heat treated, discard the aluminum and use steel. T0 aluminum will distort and flex rather quickly and end up cracking shortly. Mount idea looks good, I will probably use your idea when I build my SRT Daytona, but as an aircraft structural tech, I get leery of using aluminum in high stress areas unless I know it's been properly tempered after being worked.

And Hells Yes on the steelies...in fact, just trim up the wheelwells and use the SRT rims...after you get them powdercoated black!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
yea im realy interested in the srt brake swap, if you wanted to go into more detail.
Well the fronts were easy..everything from the srt bolted right up besides the top strut tower bolts..we had to drill a third hole.

And as for the back i picked up the turbo daytona disc/5 lug setup for the rear

21 - 40 of 228 Posts