Turbo Dodge Forums banner

161 - 180 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Alright..same excuse as always..but ive been very busy with work..but i got some stuff done..

Whole back half of the car was cleaned up, patched up, applied rust converter, and then sprayed with a rubberized undercoating...the pic does not do it justice on how good it looks now

IMAG0181 by srt418, on Flickr

Same thing with the rear end..cleaned up and painted..slapped alot of the new brake parts on..just need to setup the new lines and when i have a free day well pop it back underneath the car

IMAG0183 by srt418, on Flickr

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Quick update...whole underside of the car has been patched up and under coated, the rear was bolted back into the car...installed the srt clutch master cylinder..whole inside has been patched and coated with rust converter... Cage is now fully welded..interior and roll cage is being painted this weekend and we should have the motor and trans pulled soon

Plan is have the inside and engine bay completly painted before the cold weather turns and have the engine trans im my basement to build during the winter

Its getting there! I get too choose my vacation time in jan this year and im taking off for the mopar show at carisle..So this car will be done early spring for sure!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Ok so we finally got the roll cage primed and painted jet black

IMAG0236 by srt418, on Flickr

IMAG0237 by srt418, on Flickr

Then we pulled the motor and trans out and primed and painted the engine bay

IMAG0240 by srt418, on Flickr

IMAG0244 by srt418, on Flickr

Motor and trans are in my basement so we can rebuild/paint everything over the winter while we prep all the little pieces to go back into the car

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Painted the floor and firewall with a rustoleum multitextured paint and it came out sick...its almost like a griptape feeling off a skate board..its a much lighter grey than it looks in the pic and the contrast with the black roll bar and sides looks great..

Everything major is done on the car now to paint all the accessories and start putting this biatch together!

IMAG0246 by srt418, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Cool build. Lots of great craftsmanship and attention to detail. Should be a fun car. Good luck with the rest of the work.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Thanks! Been caught up at work and weather getting cold but the motor and trans are in my basement getting ready to but put together. Hoping to have pics of all that by next weekend

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Well the rear brakes came out of a 89 turbo Daytona but they have the same 5x100 bolt pattern as the Srt. And that was just a direct bolt on

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Updates this weekend. And both me and my dad took of a week at the end of feb to really get this project going again. I want to be at the track early spring

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Put the head on using arp hea studs..cams went in right after this pic..just gotta put all the timing stuf/oil pump water pump..block and head are gloss black engine enamel and valve cover is wrinkle black..intake manifold will also be gloss black

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Coming along good should have it buttoned up and the trans painted by this weekend. Hopefully throwing it back in the car next weekend depending on weather

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is one clean motor. Nice job. Now get that thing in the car and down the track already! haha

161 - 180 of 228 Posts