Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious question for PT enthusiasts "who attend" PT Cruiser events (local, state, national, international).......

For events in 2003...... will the PRICE of gas and/or the Terrorism THREAT LEVEL affect your planning/participation of cruiser events....HOW SO?

Thank You for your input.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
This year will be my first that I will have the opportunity to enjoy my Cruiser at get togethers (If I can get time off work). Gas might be a minor consideration, but I will grumble about it, but once I get in my cruiser, all is forgotten :x .

as for terrorism... There is no way in hell I will let some crazy the other side of the world stop me from enjoying my freedom. By sitting in my house terrified that somehitng will happen, he is getting more satisfaction than he deserves. It is in the back of my mind, but will not rule my life.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Gas prices are never a consideration.
We all have to travel at some point.

If an extra $20 on a vacation is a concern, maybe lifestyle choices should be examined.
Remember, a $0.30 increase in fuel per gallon is only $4 per fillup. I will attend CTF3 and will fill up 5 times in 1200 miles. That's a whopping $20 extra for fuel. Who cares?
I'm spending $300 for a hotel room that's a lot less fun to be in!

·
Registered
170 Posts
The price of gas will not stop me from going. I might get more food at the store before leaving rather then stopping at McDs.

As far terrorism I live near Omaha, NE. As far as our military goes this is one of the most important areas in the world. So by leaving here, even for a weekend, me thinks I should be safer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I still plan on attenting PT events. No Way will I miss CTF III. I will try to attend as many local events as my job will allow. You still have to enjoy life!
:D :)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Gas prices are rediculous but I plan on attending every show and Meet that I can. Gas $1.75 Meet N greet Fun "PRICELESS" ;) :)

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Gas prices aren't a major concern, thats partly why I quit smoking. (2 months now!) Less money I burn on cigs. is more I can spend on my Cruiser!!!!
As for the terrorist threat, its somthing we should be aware of, BUT no raghead on the other side of the world will scare me into staying home with plastic sheets and duct tape to seal my home!!!! x(

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Like other have said that I might bitch about the gas prices, but what the heck you live only once so enjoy. I've made my plans to attened Cruise the Falls 3, Cleaveland Rock , Meet is St. Louis Cruise & all event my local Cruiser group gets together. :)

As for the Terrorism I don't even think about it, I have better things to do then sit and worry about that

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
high alert doesn't affect me in the least......much ado about nothing imho. No duct tape or plastic bought for this house. What affects me is the SH**ty paint job.....can't do anything until it is fixed. Maybe by next year. :\

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Nope, wouldn't stop me. If there's something I want to do, or somewhere that I want to go, nothing will stop me. I'm very determined :D (Oh, and the duct tape and plastic wouldn't do much to help someone at all.)

·
Registered
175 Posts
No way - I say CRUISE ON also.

Sacrifices will have to be made somewhere else if things get tight. Compared to my Dodge truck, this thing is sweet on gas!

As far as terrorism is concerned - they can only scare us if we let them. DON'T.

·
Registered
386 Posts
spdracr said:
Nope, wouldn't stop me. If there's something I want to do, or somewhere that I want to go, nothing will stop me. I'm very determined :D (Oh, and the duct tape and plastic wouldn't do much to help someone at all.)
exactly...as a former member of the USAF, and current Civil Service employee for the USAF, any Chem/Bio attach on the US, and the general public, duct tape, plastic, or gas mask wouldn't do anything...by the time anyone figures out what has happened it would be to late anyways. I have lived all over the world, had to look over my shoulder for terrorists a good chunk of my life...I just keep my eyes open, pay to much for gas, and enjoy the events...(wait...haven't attended one yet, but I WILL SOON!!!)

·
Registered
865 Posts
No way they can't take that away from me!!. Yea I will complain about the Gas Prices but THIS IS AMERICA THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
As far terrorism I live near Omaha, NE. As far as our military goes this is one of the most important areas in the world
You ought to try living midway between Washington DC, New York City , right near the coast and 3 major Nuclear Power Plants if you want to feel threatened. :'( :'(

The answer to all of the questions is no.....I will not let these ass..... affect my life in the least bit. I think their whole game is to make us live in fear and I will not sucumb to their wishes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts