Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 417 Posts

· Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FM sucks! FWD needs to call people back!

Ordered an SV and elbow for a TIII turbo Nov16th, called last week to see what was up, still hadn't shipped it, they made a mistake and didn't have any. Hmmmm, no phone call to say that, unlike TU who kept me notified. Anyhow, so next Tuesday he said, that would be Dec 7th. So I call yesterday morning, still not shipped. I asked if they could send it overnight at there expense for screwing up, he said he would call back, no calls yet.

Same thing for FWD performance, called them also around Nov 16th, still haven't heard back. ARggggggggggggggggggggggggggg :bang head :bang head :bang head

· Registered
678 Posts
What I don't understand at all ... Is how these "vendors" can be so busy in such a small aftermarket community that they can't find time to return an email or a phone call?

I've never dealt with either FM or FWDP, and I can assure you I likely never will based on the regular posts here on TD.com about their lackadaisical customer service. Communication is key, if you suck at communicating with your customers, you'll wind up sucking at having customers ... guaranteed.

Imagine for a moment if you will: They sent you a part COD and you never phoned, emailed them or sent them the cash part of it? Oh the horror!

Later,
Craig

G

·
I have had nothing but good experiences from both. Ordered some parts for my rebuild from FM, had them in 2 days. Last week I emailed cindy about a .63 turbine, she not only emailed back the same day she gave me a call to confirm I got the email and follow-up. Now thats service.

· Registered
404 Posts
I bought my 3" SS exhaust from FM. It got lost in shipping somehow, took months to get here. They finally figure out where it is... and what happened. Why was it lost? They taped the address sheet to the box with a couple pieces of scotch tape or something and it fell off in the couriers truck when he picked it up at their place. For as much as that cost, you'd think they could at least label the box properly?

Mike even tried to use me as an example of an unreasonable customer when people were complaining on the SDML about their shipping practices, like the shipping delay couldn't possibly be controlled by FM. I replied with the real reason it got lost, funny he didn't comment again.

I'll never deal with FM again. Ever.

· Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1fast1 said:
I have had nothing but good experiences from both. Ordered some parts for my rebuild from FM, had them in 2 days. Last week I emailed cindy about a .63 turbine, she not only emailed back the same day she gave me a call to confirm I got the email and follow-up. Now thats service.
Maybe so but not the case with me and apparantly lots of others. Still waiting for both phone calls. After these parts are bought, they probably lost another customer!

· Banned
4,734 Posts
Maybe FWD treats me well because I spent over a grand in the last 6 months with them. I'd give FWD another chance. I was quite hesitant to order from FM because of their record in the past but maybe I just got lucky I dunno.

· Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
moparzrule said:
Maybe FWD treats me well because I spent over a grand in the last 6 months with them. I'd give FWD another chance. I was quite hesitant to order from FM because of their record in the past but maybe I just got lucky I dunno.
Its not the point, I want to buy but can't cause she hasn't called BACK!

I refuse to call her again, and theres some responeses on threads shes posted and no answer on those either. Sorry, I have my own business and I know what happens if you don't back, the customer finds someone else!

Chris called me back everytime and emailed me and PM'd me, not bad for a 2 man shop, I think its just him and Mr Boost!

· Banned
4,734 Posts
Hey man you got your reasons. I guess it's one of those ''You never know how you will react until it happens to you'' huh? Good luck with getting your parts.

· Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
moparzrule said:
Hey man you got your reasons. I guess it's one of those ''You never know how you will react until it happens to you'' huh? Good luck with getting your parts.
Thanks!

I'll just use TU and I guess the others if I really really have too, life or death, lol! One day my parts from FM will show up, I hope, :bash:

· Banned
4,734 Posts
TU has been good to me too, no complaints from me on any vendor!

· Registered
1,727 Posts
Its sad that they run their business like that. They have the best parts selection. Personally I'd rather deal with Gary D than any of them. Too bad. Haven't dealt with TU, but if they have what I need they will be my 1st choice.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
I can't say too much since I haven't dealt with FWD performance first hand. But I personally know about 5 Canadians who have dealt with them, and every single one of them have had problems with them. Mostly due to packages not getting shipped when they should, and at least 2 of them taking months to even get shipped, let alone arrive. One took over 6 months.....

In fairness, I do know ONE guy who had no problems at all :p

· Registered
707 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with Cindy at FWDPerformance. There has been a time when I ordered a part that ended up being on backorder and took a couple of weeks longer to get, but most of my orders were shipped quickly.

Getting a hold of her is pretty hit/miss though. She must lead a very busy life/business. However, everytime I've gotten a human to answer I've been well taken care of.

Just my $0.02.

· Registered
199 Posts
turbovanman said:
Ordered an SV and elbow for a TIII turbo Nov16th, called last week to see what was up, still hadn't shipped it, they made a mistake and didn't have any. Hmmmm, no phone call to say that, unlike TU who kept me notified. Anyhow, so next Tuesday he said, that would be Dec 7th. So I call yesterday morning, still not shipped. I asked if they could send it overnight at there expense for screwing up, he said he would call back, no calls yet.

Same thing for FWD performance, called them also around Nov 16th, still haven't heard back. ARggggggggggggggggggggggggggg :bang head :bang head :bang head

i had a very similiar experience with forward motion twice, they never return phone calls :bang head , but have had good transactions w/ fwd-p & gary d. :thumb:
-rick

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Simon,

Quit being a dick and call Cindy again. If you get her on the phone, she'll help you out.

You've got two choices: Pride or Parts.

Pride ain't gunna get your mini running the way you want it.

;)

· Registered
688 Posts
Impression I get is that Cindy et al are running FWD-P as a sideline business and that's why she's hard to contact sometimes (I am speculating here!). I've had no problems with them whatsoever, other than some stuff shipping slow. With FM, ordered a bunch of stuff and they immediately charged my CC and I waited approx. a month without anything showing up. Called and told them I was going to contest the charge if I didn't get my stuff, or get the charge refunded. Needless to say, everything showed up a week after that. Both vendors have done alright by me, but being charged without shipping items smacks of shady dealin'. I'm not in the habit of providing others with interest free loans :bash:

· Registered
142 Posts
Scottmon said:
Impression I get is that Cindy et al are running FWD-P as a sideline business and that's why she's hard to contact sometimes (I am speculating here!). I've had no problems with them whatsoever, other than some stuff shipping slow. With FM, ordered a bunch of stuff and they immediately charged my CC and I waited approx. a month without anything showing up. Called and told them I was going to contest the charge if I didn't get my stuff, or get the charge refunded. Needless to say, everything showed up a week after that. Both vendors have done alright by me, but being charged without shipping items smacks of shady dealin'. I'm not in the habit of providing others with interest free loans :bash:
Well...my credit card order from FWD-P was charged in June and I got #1 of my three boxes this week. It was shipped five months after CC charge. Still waiting for two boxes.

Then comes the funniest part: I got a wrong item, I wasn't really too happy when I opened the box and found out that I got a light duty trans cooler instead of the HD unit after waiting more than six months.

I have learned something, I have spent several thousands dollars in parts from FWD-P, but next time I need something, I'm gonna try other parts sources.

· Registered
3,846 Posts
OK, I don't know why people have a hard time getting a hold of me. Yes, sometimes it might take a couple of tries but we have a business number 281-288-4411 and if you can't reach me you can call my cell 281-642-3878.
Yes, I am busy. My typical day is getting up at 7am getting 3 kids ready, dropping 2 off at school, and the 3rd comes with me. I am at the shop by 8:30 am then here till 3:30 when I have to leave to pick up my kids. I normally would stay till 5- 6pm but my house had a broken pipe flood the place (Oct 27th) and I have been displaced across town to a corporate apartment until the repairs are complete. That's why I need to leave early as my kids don't have a home to go after school.
I try to answer as many emails as I can. Sometimes when I don't, those emails get buried behind new ones, and "out of sight out of mind" in addition I know longer have internet service in the evenings until I get back in the house which limits my email time considerably.
I have no messages from a Simon calling. If so I would have probably made an attempt to return his call. I'm suprised that people would only try once and then not followup if they didn't get a response, and THEN come on a list like this and blast a vendor. Yes, not everyone gets their order right away. I apoligize for that again and again. But we did over 3000 transactions this past year and well over 90% got their stuff shipped within 48 hours.
With over 500 products available there are going to be times when things are out of stock, but we try to minimize that by carrying over $150,000 in inventory. Anyone is welcome to come by our shop, we aren't just some broker that takes your money and then calls someone else to send your product.
Anyone, sorry to vent but we try hard to take care of everyone and I'm sorry if anyone feels slighted by us, because we would never intentionally ignore anyone.
Thanks,
Cindy

· Registered
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
glhs727 said:
OK, I don't know why people have a hard time getting a hold of me. Yes, sometimes it might take a couple of tries but we have a business number 281-288-4411 and if you can't reach me you can call my cell 281-642-3878.
Yes, I am busy. My typical day is getting up at 7am getting 3 kids ready, dropping 2 off at school, and the 3rd comes with me. I am at the shop by 8:30 am then here till 3:30 when I have to leave to pick up my kids. I normally would stay till 5- 6pm but my house had a broken pipe flood the place (Oct 27th) and I have been displaced across town to a corporate apartment until the repairs are complete. That's why I need to leave early as my kids don't have a home to go after school.
I try to answer as many emails as I can. Sometimes when I don't, those emails get buried behind new ones, and "out of sight out of mind" in addition I know longer have internet service in the evenings until I get back in the house which limits my email time considerably.
I have no messages from a Simon calling. If so I would have probably made an attempt to return his call. I'm suprised that people would only try once and then not followup if they didn't get a response, and THEN come on a list like this and blast a vendor. Yes, not everyone gets their order right away. I apoligize for that again and again. But we did over 3000 transactions this past year and well over 90% got their stuff shipped within 48 hours.
With over 500 products available there are going to be times when things are out of stock, but we try to minimize that by carrying over $150,000 in inventory. Anyone is welcome to come by our shop, we aren't just some broker that takes your money and then calls someone else to send your product.
Anyone, sorry to vent but we try hard to take care of everyone and I'm sorry if anyone feels slighted by us, because we would never intentionally ignore anyone.
Thanks,
Cindy

Sorry if it seems like blasting but I have posted on your own threads on here also and no answer. Just f*cking ticked right now so I apologize but I did call and leave a message with a gentleman about the timing gears and cylinder head for 16v Lotus. With me waiting for FM and calling you, got my back up. I will call you guys again today! :D

I also have my own business and as stated, know what happens when you don't call people back, maybe thats why I am more ticked. If your that busy, then considering hire more staff!
Thanks and I hope you answer later, :p

Simon

1 - 20 of 417 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.