Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So July 22 2014 I had my son place an order with FWD for a few things, some of which showed up like the F2 cam.

So as of today, no turbo. I've tried to even buy stuff lately too lol. But it is like trying to get a quarter in a shot glass on the street from a 3 story building. Can be done but I'm not that lucky.

My son only comes home from the ARMY back east at best twice a year. It would be nice to have a turbo to bolt on here in month when he gets his short leave. The poor kid don't make much as it is but still spent $1,392.10 on his GLH that day with FWD. Would be nice to get the parts after 8 months. :shrug:

Not being able to get through to get another stage 5 I gave up and plopped a trim cal in and hoping to get the GLHS running. Which I can deal and most likely go with new wiring and a boostbutton soon anyway, just don't have time though for all that.

So what do you guys think, 8 months normal?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Kinda scary with all the complaints about FWD lately. ... unfortunately alot of people are going to second guess about ordering from them.. It's a shame

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 89 Spirit ES, 96 Jeep XJ
5,935 Posts
Another member and I just made a joint order for brake parts, fuel pump, and some odds and ends. It got here in about 2 weeks, all parts accounted for. Most of the complaints I've seen have been related to cals and turbos. I could understand the cals if they just haven't had time to make more with the move and all. But, the lack of communication is the biggest problem. If they are having issues and things are delayed, that's understandable. It's a small outfit and they aren't Amazon-level efficient. But, you'd think they'd at least let people know what's going on and be honest with them. That's one of the key things that made FWDP so popular so fast was that they weren't just a vendor, they were a part of the community. I hope things level out for them.

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
hopefully the defenders dont show up here wearing battle armour with pitchforks and torches, it never ceaces to amaze me at how some can find it "ok" to be held up for this long of time for parts, sure they are a small operation,every small business is. they constantly ask for an email after the fact of the public airing of an issue,when simply it all could be avoided if the "email" came from them first explaining the issue of delay, it could go a long way to preventing this stuff from happening and also would give you the latitude to then try to source the non stocked parts elsewhere, moral of the story, ask up front if the stuff is on the shelf or is gonna have to be ordered in when /if they feel like it/rememeber to. i've been building a list of parts i want/need for my own project, quite a few pieces of the puzzle will/should come from those shelves,but not if i gotta wait 8 months, i already gotta wait to save up the funds so i dont have to dip into savings so, i'm not gonna wait when i finally do pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
hopefully the defenders dont show up here wearing battle armour with pitchforks and torches, it never ceaces to amaze me at how some can find it "ok" to be held up for this long of time for parts, sure they are a small operation,every small business is. They constantly ask for an email after the fact of the public airing of an issue,when simply it all could be avoided if the "email" came from them first explaining the issue of delay, it could go a long way to preventing this stuff from happening and also would give you the latitude to then try to source the non stocked parts elsewhere, moral of the story, ask up front if the stuff is on the shelf or is gonna have to be ordered in when /if they feel like it/rememeber to. I've been building a list of parts i want/need for my own project, quite a few pieces of the puzzle will/should come from those shelves,but not if i gotta wait 8 months, i already gotta wait to save up the funds so i dont have to dip into savings so, i'm not gonna wait when i finally do pull the trigger.
+1

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me and Cindy are getting something figured out now. Hopefully the end of the month we'll have a turbo. I also needed to buy some valves too. Over time Cindy has been fair with me, only when it gets bad would I mention it here. I am still a fan of much that FWD has to offer but my time is getting short before my son gets another visit. I don't want to disappoint him twice in a row not being able to put his engine together in his car. He also asks me what to buy and where, last thing he got was an intake from Asa and the thing got lost by USPS for a month and a half. Then showed up one day, perfect box and address but took over 6 weeks. So hopefully we can get his engine in this time.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
8 months is an extreme case, and once I talked to Rob, all was rectified and we shipped a turbo the next day. We always recommend calling or email to see if an item is in stock, especially items that are hard to find or have long lead times.

·
Registered
114 Posts
8 months is an extreme case, and once I talked to Rob, all was rectified and we shipped a turbo the next day. We always recommend calling or email to see if an item is in stock, especially items that are hard to find or have long lead times.
You dodged his repeated phone calls and emails for 8 months. Got him to the point where he had top post something up for you to take action and then shipped it the next day? So, you had it all the time, but didn't ship it. You know you just contradicted what you said about "hard to find" and "long lead time". Nice.

I stand behind my previous post.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
You dodged his repeated phone calls and emails for 8 months. Got him to the point where he had top post something up for you to take action and then shipped it the next day? So, you had it all the time, but didn't ship it. You know you just contradicted what you said about "hard to find" and "long lead time". Nice.

I stand behind my previous post.
No, I didn't dodge him for 8 months. Derek ordered the turbo. Then a couple months later, I spoke with Derek about the delay, and what we could do which included waiting which at the time he was OK. Then he deployed. Recently, knowing he was coming home, Rob tried calling us and didn't get through. He posted here, I tried to call him, couldn't get through. Sent him a text, we talked, got it worked out, and shipped a turbo a couple days later (not the turbo he ordered, one similar but better) . Everything you seem to "know" and posted is wrong. I wish people wouldn't post about something they know nothing about.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just want to say about my experience, had a recal done for my 85 charger and talked with Cindy personally. Got my computer back within a week and a half and I live in pa. Vary happy and thanks again for your help Cindy

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
A very popular TD freak once told me (Not saying name) that if a customer was told that they had to wait for a part for a few months, the customer would look elsewhere and the company would lose business. They rather say that they have it and it would be sent out shortly then to lose a customer and the cash. This was actually said to me maybe 2yrs ago and it still sticks in my head as if it was said yesterday.

·
Administrator
16,493 Posts
Hey the good news is they got it figured out. Yes sometimes parts are hard to find. Or hard to ship. But ill say this, if you've never bought anything from fwd dont post negitive things, its not like some of these parts are easy to find. I have got parts from Fwd/Cindy. Yes there were some phone related issues but got it sorted and done :D now lets not post unless your the pope or cindy other post will be removed.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cindy sent me a turbo finally. It is a little different than the one ordered but should spool the same. The compressor is different than others as it is a direct bolt on T4. So WG can, and intercooler lines, air cleaner, all bolt up and connect like buying the S60 T3. A pretty special turbo for a street T2 replacement. Should be close to the stage 2 thread spec turbo Shadow wrote.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts