Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
26,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently replaced the drainback hose from the turbo to block with a piece of silicone hose and noticed a part # on the o.e hose and to my amazement it was still available from Mopar. Fits 84-96
Part # 4105457 $10.00
Bought one just incase the silicone hose does not hold up.

· Registered
4,616 Posts
yep i bought one too awhile ago...

something i learned while trying to find parts in the junkyard for my 90 daytona, only to find out later that i could have just walked into the dealer and gotten it, never assume chrysler doesnt still sell something. you would be surprised what they can still get, even though they CANT get alot of common things.

for instance:

brass 45 degree coolant fitting on the mitsu turbo
circular to oval 90 degree airbox coupler from turbo inlet to airbox (long rectangular airbox)
dipstick TUBE (2.5 turbo)
trunk light lens
bottom alternator mount (rubber isolated pear shaped)

bleh..probably some more

· Registered
4,616 Posts
you know what...i remember them telling me that price, then we looked it up again and it was $62 and thats when i bought it..you gotta be REALLLLLLLLL careful with those chrysler parts guys...they rarely know what they are doing and wont blink an eye to just give you the first part number that shows up

of course this is on a 90 daytona 2.5 turbo with air conditioning...your part may really be $140 :p

· Administrator
26,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if they tell you it is not available(they check in the parts depots) ask for the part # or ask them to run a parts locator, this will show any dealers in the country that have it on thier shelf. If you get the # I can run a parts locator.
I do not have access to the parts catalog, it is a totally seperate program and is not part of dealer connect.
When we had my head off a couple of month's ago the coolant tube from the turbo to the block got mangled (we fixed it) and it was discontinued but my Son had them run a parts locator and there was 1 dealer showing it(upstate N.Y) and he called and bought it just in case, was shipped UPS overnight so now I apparently have the only one in the country.
There are also 3 prices in the parts catalog, dealer cost, list price and price 9.
Price 9 is higher than list and I have no idea what price 9 is used for except to charge the customer more and increase the dealerships profit margin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.