Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve heard some people here talking abruptly about the #4 head drilling and adding cooling to the corner. Does anyone have pictures showing this on how they accomplished this? Also what’s up with the 88 TBI cam. What is the difference from the earlier slider cams and 89 and up cams?

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
#4 cooling mod is for high HP cooling to the #4 cylinder to help with detonation on #4

The 88 TBI is cam with 20 degrees more duration than the turbo rollers and being a square tooth pulley cam is advanced for a little more power

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#4 cooling mod is for high HP cooling to the #4 cylinder to help with detonation on #4

The 88 TBI is cam with 20 degrees more duration than the turbo rollers and being a square tooth pulley cam is advanced for a little more power
What is the specification on that cam? Do you have any pictures or instructions on the installation on the cooling line.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I like to stick a line in the free plug on that end and run it to the heater, and cycle coolent through the head. The #4 mod doesn't work very hot with a ported water pump housing.

The cam is a .430" lift 238 duration cam, the other specs I just don't pay much attention too lol

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like to stick a line in the free plug on that end and run it to the heater, and cycle coolent through the head. The #4 mod doesn't work very hot with a ported water pump housing.

The cam is a .430" lift 238 duration cam, the other specs I just don't pay much attention too lol
Ok.. i have some mixed parts already on my car. What would be the best option in your opinion. G head with big valves and ported. Sitting on a commin block with a two piece intake and 52mm throttle body and a turbonotics super H turbo with atp 3inch vband swing valve ans atp down pipe. Also in your opinion...how do you feel about the neon SRT 4 intercooler? Have you done, or heard how well they flow at high boost levels.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Ok.. i have some mixed parts already on my car. What would be the best option in your opinion. G head with big valves and ported. Sitting on a commin block with a two piece intake and 52mm throttle body and a turbonotics super H turbo with atp 3inch vband swing valve ans atp down pipe. Also in your opinion...how do you feel about the neon SRT 4 intercooler? Have you done, or heard how well they flow at high boost levels.
I would use the SRT 4 IC with say a mitsu turbo car, I haven't tested it yet but I would bet it flows worse than a T2 IC. Getting rid of it on an SRT 4 is a MASSIVE change.

Get a 700-1,000 CFM intercooler. 2 stockers is 700 basically, 1,000 is really nice.

Only buy ported anti surge compressor housing large turbos.

The rest sounds good

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would use the SRT 4 IC with say a mitsu turbo car, I haven't tested it yet but I would bet it flows worse than a T2 IC. Getting rid of it on an SRT 4 is a MASSIVE change.

Get a 700-1,000 CFM intercooler. 2 stockers is 700 basically, 1,000 is really nice.

Only buy ported anti surge compressor housing large turbos.

The rest sounds good
So with his all..would a 88 tbi cam be fine...or somthing better. Question also...how do you measure a cam. My cam is forged but has no part number. I measured it with a mike and the lobe measurments were 1.67 by 1.40

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
the cam is normally the last mod after you already have big power, the TBI is a fan favorite

1 - 14 of 14 Posts