Turbo Dodge Forums banner

G-head questions

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Soflown_CSX 
#1 ·
I’ve heard some people here talking abruptly about the #4 head drilling and adding cooling to the corner. Does anyone have pictures showing this on how they accomplished this? Also what’s up with the 88 TBI cam. What is the difference from the earlier slider cams and 89 and up cams?

#2 ·
#4 cooling mod is for high HP cooling to the #4 cylinder to help with detonation on #4

The 88 TBI is cam with 20 degrees more duration than the turbo rollers and being a square tooth pulley cam is advanced for a little more power

#5 ·
I like to stick a line in the free plug on that end and run it to the heater, and cycle coolent through the head. The #4 mod doesn't work very hot with a ported water pump housing.

The cam is a .430" lift 238 duration cam, the other specs I just don't pay much attention too lol

#7 ·
Ok.. i have some mixed parts already on my car. What would be the best option in your opinion. G head with big valves and ported. Sitting on a commin block with a two piece intake and 52mm throttle body and a turbonotics super H turbo with atp 3inch vband swing valve ans atp down pipe. Also in your opinion...how do you feel about the neon SRT 4 intercooler? Have you done, or heard how well they flow at high boost levels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.