Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 89 Spirit with a 2.5 Turbo automatic, I am putting in a G valve. It has the Mitsubishi turbo.

I've got the directions that say to tap into the intake and run the G valve to the wastegate actuator. No problem there.

BUT - what about the vaccum hose that comes from the computer that operates the wastegate now? Do I leave it open or do I block it off?

I think I should block it off so no vaccum / pressure goes in and out of the open hose.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
yep. plug the old line and run a fresh one from intake (or turbo nipple) to wastegate with the boost controller on it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the G valve installed. We shouldn't call it a G valve, we should call it a "NBSBC" for No [email protected]#t Boost Controller. This things works pretty good! No more screwing around with waiting for the computer to allow me to have a little more boost!

I started off with the top turned in about one turn. Got 4 pounds of boost. Stopped, opened the hood, and gave it one more turn. 7 lbs.

One more turn, 9 lbs.

One more turn, 10.5 lbs.

One more turn, 12 lbs boost.

That's good enough for me right now. Actually, even 12 lbs boost will take a little getting used to. It'll surge and GO once I hit the gas a little! I can get 12 lbs boost at less than 1/2 throttle!

I may back it off to 10 lbs to take it easy on the transmission (automatic). It already has differential carrier bearing noise when under power.

When cruising easily, then hitting the gas, it'll spike to 13 then back off to 12 and STAY THERE. My hoses could be shorter by a couple inches. I have it tapped into the power brake booster line off the intake, right next to where my boost gauge gets its pressure from.

Things left to do:

Build a good replacement 413

Install my stock dodge intercooler.

Add a 5th injector, crank boost to the 16-18 pound range.

Surprise everybody at the dragstrip when they open in April!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey I don't know how often you check this anymore but if you have a picture of where you put the G valve it would change my life lol I have never seen a G valve but I need one badly thanks for any help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts