Turbo Dodge Forums banner

garett t1

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  mike dahl 
#1 ·
i broke a bolt on the exhaust part of the turbo need some ideas of saveing the turbo.i was thinking ov just drilling the broken bolt out and redoing the hole and putting a new one in is there any other things i can do.can i use the exhaust part of the mitsu and just bolt the turbo itself up to it not :bang head

#2 ·
to add on to what i wrote above to make things easier can i use the exhaust manifold that came with the garrett t1 to bolt up to my motor as is.i had a previous thread on how to put the garrett on my mitsu manifold but never said that i had the garrett manifold so just asking while i can

#6 ·
:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head:bang head

#3 ·
exh manis are the same for a garrett and a mitsu; early TI / late TI / TII

EXCEPT the early TI need to have a notch ground in them if used on a later TI or TII application ( see dodgegarage for pix )

otherwise all interchangeable ! TIII & TIV are different however IIRC

#10 ·
I really have no idea what you are trying to say in this thread. A mits manifold? a garrett manifold? whats broken? Post a picture if you're not so good at expressing yourself.

Honestly, When I posted in your other threads about your turbo swap, I really, really wanted to help out a fellow TD'er.

When others and I tried to point you in the direction of good resources to read, you pretty much told us all to "go pound sand".

You made it clear that you don't have any interest in learning about these cars and you are going to do what ever you are going to do until it gets hard and you'll just come here and ask us what to do next.

i dont come on this site and read all the threads and post.i come on here to get help thats all.

#11 ·
:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I'm gonna go pound sand now.

#12 ·
i never said that i ask for help for a reason and i am doing what you had told me i had asked another guy a different question because when talking to you i asked what it would take to put a garrett on my car well i didnt say that i had the garrett exhaust manifold to you so i figured it might be a little easier so i asked him.you took it the wrong way if you think thats what i was saying i would never tell someone that is trying to help me to go pound sand.im saying will the garrett bolt to the mitsu manifold with no problem thats what i was asking it my car has been sitting forever im not in a hurry to do anything to it so it doesnt bother me to take time and do it the way its suppose to.

#13 ·
i never said that i ask for help for a reason and i am doing what you had told me i had asked another guy a different question because when talking to you i asked what it would take to put a garrett on my car well i didnt say that i had the garrett exhaust manifold to you so i figured it might be a little easier so i asked him.you took it the wrong way if you think thats what i was saying i would never tell someone that is trying to help me to go pound sand.im saying will the garrett bolt to the mitsu manifold with no problem thats what i was asking it my car has been sitting forever im not in a hurry to do anything to it so it doesnt bother me to take time and do it the way its suppose to.a bolt on the exhaust manifold were i think it is the bump can bolts up to it broke.i hope that is what it is called

#16 ·
Now I think we're getting somewhere. Maybe we'll get even further if you pitch in & read The Dodge Garage like the rest of us. Most, if not all, of the questions you've asked are answered there. I also hope you will share your experiences with someone on here who has the same questions you've had. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.