Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at the junk yard and a guy came up to me and said he had a garett t2 for $100 and said everything was tight no shaft play but had a oil problem i need to know what its worth and whats wrong with it,

and another question i was pulling a turbo of a new yorker need to know what stage it is it says garett but is the size of my mitsubishi

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also i need to know if this will fit my car

T3/T4 Wet Floating Bearings Turbocharger!!
Stage-3 Turbo
Oil Cool
CNC Machined Flanges 4Bolt Designed fit most After market Mainfolds.
25 to 35 Psi Peak Power Performance Output Capability.(factory warranty).
Designed Usable for External Wastegate Applaction Or Use A T3/T4 Adapter with Internal Wastegate
5 bolt pattern flange for Downpipe
Compressor Specs:
3" Compressor Inlet
2.000" or 50.55mm inducer
3.000" or 76.20mm Major
2" Compressor Outlet
M12 Type Compressor Housing
Compressor .50 A.R.
Compressor 57 Trim
6 Blade Type Turbine
Turbine Specs:
T3 Type Turbine flange
T3 5 bolt flange
Turbine .64 A.R.
Turbine Trim
2.207" Minor and 2.567" Major Propellar
T3 Twin Entry Turbine Housing
2.25" Exducer
11 Blade Type Turbine

thinking about buying it for the summer

· Registered
1,001 Posts
G-Pop shop has 4-pc carbon seal kits for about $100. Give them a call & they'll tell you what you need. I think a rebalance is only $45. If nothing's touched, it won't need that, though. To use the TI Garrett on an 88+ TI car, you'd need the TII style compressor housing without the 90° outlet. TU sells them.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i figured i might have some problems because the car i took the turbo off had the throttle body hooked to the turbo so i figured it spun the opposite way,all the oil lines look the same, the garett looks like it has more lines going to it.whatever help you can give me let me know first time putting a different turbo on a car.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
The turbos spin the same way, early turbo I's used a draw-through intake system. They have the same # of lines, but you'll have to bend the oil lines to make them fit. It's probably best to replace them, though.

Read:

Donovan's Dodge Garage

www.DempseyBowling.com

Gus Mahon Homepage

Welcome to FWD Performance, Inc. has the lines for ~$100

forwardmotioninc (dot) com has great stuff, too

turbosunleashed (dot) com has the blow-through compressor outlet that you need.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Yes, they will fit, but they'll require some bending because they're at a different angle. At ~$100, it's cheap insurance, so I'd replace them. Are you reading this stuff? :confused: And in case you missed this too, a Turbo I turbocharger WILL NOT fit with its original compressor outlet. You need a conversion from Turbos Unleashed.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
I asked that because the answers to your questions are on the sites that are posted, as well as in people's posts.

Let's start over.... The turbo you mentioned in post no. 2: NO

Garrett T1: yes, but you need the TII style compressor outlet, you can get it at Turbos Unleashed. The turbo lines may have to be bent to fit the Garrett. While at Turbos Unleashed, pick up a set of SS lines for good insurance.

Turbo that's leaking oil: if there's no play & nothing inside has rubbed, it won't need rebalancing as long as directions are followed. You can get the rebuild kit from G-Pop Shop for about $100; the directions come with it. If it does need rebalancing, they'll do it for, I think, about $45.

Does that answer your questions? If not, by all means, keep asking. :)

· Registered
1,001 Posts
What do you mean, so oil in the turbo doesn't matter? If a turbo is not getting the oil it needs, you'll cook it. If it's leaking, that's not good, either. In either case, it will need to be rebuilt. Are you reading?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.